First Impressions

When George finally agreed to come to Florida, he didn't think everything would be so sudden. Not even a day after saying yes, he was packing his bags. After two days, he was already on the plane, nervous as ever.

GEORGE:
i landed. where r u?

DREAM:
i'm here. you'll know when you see me.

George wasn't convinced. He wasn't focused enough to find Clay. His whole body was shaking; he just wanted to make a good first impression. It shouldn't have even mattered too much, they were best friends after all, nothing more.

GEORGE:
can i call u?

Immediately after the text sent, his phone rang.

"Hello! Are you not liking the game of 'Where's Dream?'" Clay asked through laughs. George chuckled, not enjoying the joke to its full potential; he couldn't shake this nervous feeling.

"I'm near the exit. I already have my luggage."

Suddenly, the phone call ended. Looking up from his phone, George saw a tall man staring at him. Usually, something like this would be creepy to George, but it didn't help that this man was the most gorgeous person he had ever seen. Staring back at him, George admired his features. His perfect nose covered in freckles, straight teeth, ethereal eyes, messy hair. It had seemed like time stopped.

"George!" Someone said. Breaking his gaze off the perfect man, George was back into reality. Standing to the side of George was Nick.

"Nick! Hi!" George yelled, trying to sound excited, but honestly was exhausted and somewhat disappointed. He wouldn't ever see that man again, he was already gone.

"Did you find Clay yet?" Sap asked, looking around.

"No. We were on a call before when the wifi cut out. He said I'll know when I see him."

"I thought you did know. You were just staring at a random man?" A new voice was speaking, one that was familiar. Looking up, George saw the perfect man he was staring at once before.

"I-uh.."

"Clay! It's really you! You look different in person; a lot taller!" Nick managed to say between chuckles.

George already knew why Sap had been laughing, George was in panic mode. He, at that moment, was the definition of gay panic. Clay, oblivious as always, didn't notice, being that he was too busy hugging Nick. After they broke out of their hug, Nick gave George a little nudge, making George more aware of his surroundings, more specifically, that there were more people in the airport other than Clay.

"Hi- I have to go to the bathroom. Be back," George screamed, running through the airport, having no idea where he was going. All he knew was that he had to calm down. If Nick knew he was beyond flustered, did Clay? How would he get through multiple weeks of this?

——————————————————————————
When George had finally calmed down and came to say hi to Clay, it wasn't so bad. Clay was not only a beautiful man, but a nice one too. When they arrived at the apartment Clay was renting, they were each given rooms. Without unpacking, George passed out on the couch while watching a show.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight, dude," Nick said, mid-yawn.

"What about George? Are we leaving him on the couch?"

"I don't know. Wake him up or carry him to his room or something." Sap walked away.

Carry him? Would that be too.. couple-like? It wasn't a long walk, only a few steps.

"George, wake up," Dream whispered, tapping George's shoulder lightly. George might have been exhausted, but Clay's touch still sent shivers down his spine.

"Mmm. I'm fine here."

"George, there's no lock on the door. You're right near it. What if something happens?" Clay was now talking in a soft voice.

"Then stay here with me. I'm not getting up." Although George was mumbling, Clay could still understand him.

Still, what did it mean to stay with him?

"What are you waiting for? Come."

Like George wanted, Dream walked over to the other end of the couch where he sat, admiring George. He was so perfect. His closed brown eyes, beautiful smile, now messy hair; it all felt unreal.

After about an hour of just staring at George, Clay fell asleep himself.

——————————————————————————
"Dude, what happened?" Nick had just woken up and now had woken George up too, who was cuddled up against Dream on the couch, almost face to face.

"Oh my god." George's cheeks immediately went bright red when he realized the situation he was in. Last night he had asked Clay to stay with him, and he did. Not wanting to wake Clay, George didn't move and signaled for Nick to be quiet.

Instead, they texted each other about what had happened the night before.

SAPNAP:
he totally likes you.

GEORGE:
nick, i was being an idiot. if it were anyone else they would've done the same.

SAPNAP:
whatever, dude. i know you're enjoying it.

GEORGE:
shut up.

"Who are you texting?" Clay mumbled. He had just woken up.

George didn't believe it was possible, but somehow Clay looked more attractive. His bed head made George blush a little, but luckily Clay couldn't see it due to the position they were in.

"I-uh-Nick. Talking about breakfast. You want?"

SAPNAP:
are you kidding? i'm not making breakfast!

GEORGE:
plz do this 4 me.

Clay let out a giggle. "You want? Sure, I'll take."

Usually, in the morning Clay was an angry guy, yet waking up next to George made him feel happy. But, of course, he had to play it cool. "Are you guys down to go out tonight?"

"I gotta stream with Tommy and Wilbur tonight" Nick exclaimed, trying his best to make a decent breakfast. "George is free, though."

George looked over at Nick, who had a smirk on his face. Nick looked at Clay, on his phone. Being that George was on top of Clay, he couldn't get up. "Do you- do you want me to get up?" George was nervous and this time Clay realized, patting George on the back to comfort him.

"No! No! You're good! As long as you're comfortable."

——————————————————————————

hello again!! first of all, thank you all for so much love. i'm taking constructive criticism, so feel free to comment any thoughts on here or on tiktok. have a great rest of your day <3