Epilogue

"They're gonna love you, George. It's no big deal."

"No big deal? I'm meeting your family. I'm freaking out, Clay. I'm freaking out."

Clay laughed, holding George's hand, practically leading him to the front door. The house in front of them was big, not too big, but bigger than modern size. It made sense; they were a family of six at times.

"I should've brought flowers. God, I'm so dumb. I should've brought flowers." George pulled Clay's arm, trying his best to back away from the house. "Clay, I need to buy flowers."

"George, come here." Clay repositioned George so he was standing right in front of him, looking up at the man towering over him. George's brown eyes were glazed over; he really was nervous.

"How did you do it, Clay? You met my parents months ago. They love you."

Clay laid his hands on George's cheeks, making his way to George's chin. Once he got there, he slightly lifted it up, forcing their eyes to connect. "I love you so much, George. I swear to you, my family will too."

George felt himself going on his toes, reaching for Clay's lips. Clay returned the favor by shortening himself a little, making it easier for George. When they broke out of their kiss, George said, "You know, you're so good with words."

Clay laughed, grabbing George's hand again, walking George back to the front door. When the door flung open, George saw Clay's whole family, his mom and his three siblings, standing at the door.

"George! It's so great to finally meet you!" Clay's mom spoke first, reaching her arms out for a hug. Although he was nervous, George didn't hesitate to return the hug, feeling a little less anxious in her arms.

"Oh, mom. I hope you don't mind, I invited someone else too." Christine appeared behind Clay, waving at the family. She had never met them before; Clay and Christine only dated for a few months. Although the situation seemed weird, the boyfriend and the ex meeting the family at the same time, George wanted this to happen. Christine had been their roommate for months now and all she ever did was help the boys. She really had changed.

"This is your roommate, boys?" Clay's mom asked, signaling Christine to come in for a hug too.

George spoke before Clay, getting more and more comfortable by the second. "Uh, yeah. She's helped us a lot."

"I'm so glad to hear that." Clay's mom broke the hug with Christine, signaling the guests to come inside. "Make yourself at home."

——————————————————————————
As it turns out, George had nothing to worry about. Clay's mom was the kindest person, who genuinely seemed so accepting of George and Clay's relationship. Clay's siblings were sweet too, the three of them treating George as if he was already family. Clay's family even asked George to help with dinner, teaching him how to cut vegetables, boil pasta, and all the other requirements of the dish. Clay stayed behind, sitting at the kitchen table. He claimed he didn't like to cook, but in reality, he was just observing the perfect boy before him.

"Clay, you usually love to cook with me. What are you doing over there?" Clay's mom was putting dishes into the sink, George not hesitating to wash them.

Clay's sister, Drista responded," Don't bother. He's too busy staring at his boyfriend."

"Am not," Clay immediately retaliated.

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

This continued for a couple minutes, the two eventually chasing each other around the house. After some time, Drista gave in, apologizing to Clay. "Fine, fine. You win. You definitely were staring at George, but I'll let it slide."