Separation

"You know, I never would've been able to make it without you." George leaned his head on Clay's shoulder, throwing his hand into Clay's almost immediately. "I'm so glad you decided to come."

"Me too." Clay smiled, wrapping his free arm around George's shoulder. They were sitting directly next to each, trying to get as comfortable as they could on a plane. They didn't care if they were being too 'couple-like' in public; they just wanted to embrace the moment, holding each other.

"My parents are gonna love you." George dug his face into Clay's shoulder, hugging him tightly. Almost being separated made him clingy.

"If only I were actually here." Clay sighed, pulling away from George. Instantly, George turned his head towards Clay, a confused expression lingering on his face.

"Excuse me? Ex-"

"-Cuse me? Is everything alright?" A flight attendant was poking at George, awaking him slowly. "The plane landed."

George stretched, letting out a loud sigh. "Thanks."

The flight attendant left, leaving George left alone in his row. More importantly, without Clay, without his beautiful face. During the plane ride, George had non-stop dreams about Clay, always being put back into a disappointing reality. Every time he woke up, he would check his phone, practically begging for there to be internet. All he wanted to do was call Clay; hear his amazing, raspy voice again. It hadn't even been 8 hours since they departed and George had felt completely empty.

George got up from his row, struggling to reach for his luggage above him. Clay would always get the high items for him; sometimes he would even pick George up.

"Sir, are you sure everything's ok? I can-" The same flight attendant had been staring at George, noticing his frown.

"Is there internet in this airport? I need to make a call." George ignored the question, finally grabbing his luggage.

"Uh.. sadly, no. There's no internet in almost the whole UK." The flight attendant began walking off, almost leading George off the plane. At this point, it was just him and the flight attendant there. She must've been annoyed.

"Wait, what? You're kidding."

"Nope. There was a huge storm. You didn't see?"

"When's the internet coming back on? I really gotta make a call. Can you lead me to a place where there's internet? I-"

"The powers supposed to come back in a few days. No worries." The flight attendant finally led George off the plane, leaving him wandering around the airport, desperately looking for his family. He wanted to go home, lay in bed, and drown in his sorrows.

"Georgie! Hey!" After quite some time, his mom came running up to him, squeezing him into a loving hug.

"Hey."

"Wow. Don't be too excited to see me." George's mom pulled away, breaking away from their hug.

"I'm just tired. Jet lagged." George softly smiled, trying his best to convince his mom he was ok.

"Ok. Come on, you can rest at home."

——————————————————————————
"Sandwiches?" Back at the apartment, Christine talked to Clay, understanding his situation fully. She always tried to cheer him up, but nothing would get him out of his funk.

"Mmm." Clay groaned, laying on the couch for hours now, burying his face in pillows. He had no energy to do anything, anxiously waiting for George to call him. He missed him already, and it hadn't even been a day.

"Is that a yes?"

"Whatever."

"Alright, you know what? That's it." Christine stormed out of the kitchen, grabbing onto Clay. She had to use all her strength to turn him over. "I understand George isn't here and all, but he'll call you. You'll talk. It's not like you're broken up."

"When's the last time you had a boyfriend?"

"Uh.. mayb-"

"No. No. When's the last time you loved someone? Like, needed them around to be functional. Can't imagine life without them."

"Ok, I'm invited to the wedding, right?"

Clay laughed, turning his body away from Christine's again. "Sandwiches are fine."

——————————————————————————
When George made it to his room, he went straight to bed, not even greeting his siblings. Sure enough, the flight attendant was right. The house was smoking hot and there was no internet. George really had to wait to talk to Clay.

"What's this about?" George's mom walked through his bedroom door, now sitting on his bed.

"What was it that you wanted to talk about? Why'd you bring me here?" George moved his arm from under the covers, slightly sitting up, leaning against his headboard.

"Isn't it obvious? Your little boyfriend."

"What about him? What, do you not support me?"

"Wh- that's nonsense. Of course I do. I just-" George's mom looked at George, sighing.

"What?"

"I- think he might be a bad influence. I mean, you're keeping secrets from me."

"So, this is why you wanted me to come home, right?" George had an angry tone to his voice, little tears forming in his eyes. Losing Clay was hard enough, but now this?

"I'm just being cautious."

"You don't know him. You don't know-"

"We're not gonna fight about this right now." George's mom got up from his bed, slowly walking towards the door.

"Oh, yeah? So when are we? Might as well get it over with now."

"George, that's enough."

"You don't know him! Why are you judging him? Is it because he's a guy?"

"Wh- no! No! Just- things are moving so fast between you guys. You're not worried about that?"

"We've been friends for years! We have a right to 'move fast!'"

"I just think-"

"Clay has been nothing but good to me! Why are you always separating me from my happiness?"

"I just asked you to come home. To talk to me."

"Clay is my home. This- right now, doesn't feel like it."

"George!"

"Please just- just get out. I'm tired." George sunk back into his bed, wiping the few tears from his face. It wasn't even worth fighting; he knew his mom was just trying to protect him. Still, she didn't have to underestimate Clay, and fighting did give George more of a chance to see Clay earlier... That's a plus, right?

——————————————————————————ilysm <3 remember to take care of yourselves :)