Awkward...

When morning came, George was the first one to arise. At first, he was surprised to see an arm holding his waist, occasionally moving positions. After some time though, George was able to recognize that the arm belonged to Clay and the whole situation was not his imagination. Instead of getting up, George laid in bed, willing to wait until Clay woke up; he actually enjoyed it, staring at Clay's soft, sleepy expression. Sometimes, he found himself staring at Clay's lips, making himself snap out of it.

"Mmm." Clay groaned, rolling over so his arm wasn't around George anymore. He grabbed his pillow, laying it on top of his face.

"Clay?" George whispered, not wanting to wake his sleeping (?) boyfriend.

"Time is it?" Clay's words were hard to understand, being he had his face buried deep into a pillow. He was obviously delusional.

"Doesn't matter. Just get some rest." It was in fact very late, even for George. It was 12 pm and it seemed like Clay had no intention of getting up any time soon. "I'll make some food when you're ready."

It took Clay a couple seconds to respond, being that he had accidentally closed his eyes again. "No, no. I'll  help."

"Help with...?"

"Cooking."

"I don't need help. I'm a good chef."

Clay chuckled, turning himself so he was facing George again. "I've seen some of your dishes. You need help."

"You're such a liar. You saw my steak dish. It looked good."

"Did it? I thought it looked more bland than anything."

George playfully shoved Clay's shoulder, turning his body away from Clay's. "Low blow."

"Oh c'mon, George. You gotta admit, you want the help."

George stood up from his bed, walking to Clay's side. He ruffled Clay's hair, sprinting off before Clay could even react.

"George?!" Clay screamed from George's room, seemingly confused.

"Enjoy breakfast! Made by me!" George screamed back from the kitchen, immediately dropping pans against the floor.

"You have got to be kidding me."

——————————————————————————
"So...?" George has now sitting at the table, eagerly waiting for Clay's reaction to his dish. After quite some time, George decided to make lunch instead of breakfast, serving Clay some type of pasta.

"Hm. Not bad."

George scoffed, waiting for Clay to finish his half-empty bowl. "Yeah, sureee." He watched Clay eat quickly then suddenly stop.

"George?" Clay looked at George with glistening eyes. George didn't know how he survived without Clay, even if it was just for a couple weeks.

"George..?" Clay's features were so beautiful. George couldn't believe he had spent years being Clay's friend without knowing what he looked like. Now that he did know, he couldn't stop staring. Every facial expression Clay did seemed exceptional.

"Uh.. George?" Clay placed his hand on George's thigh, gently shaking his hand.

"H-huh?" George came back into his senses, staring at the hand on his thigh instead of Clay's face.

"I was just saying that your dish is actually really good... and that your mom wants us to go to the movies later."

"What? When did she say that?" George still had his eyes glued to Clay's hand, debating whether or not to hold it.

"She just came in here, George. A-are you ok?"

George finally moved his eyes back to Clay's. "Yeah. Uh.. what times the movie?"

"Soon. I think we should get ready." Clay stood up from his chair, reaching down for his bowl to clean up.

"I got it," George said, smiling at the boy towering over him. Clay smiled back, walking towards George's room.

"Oh my god," George whispered to himself, "What's wrong with me?"

——————————————————————————
When George walked into his room, Clay was already dressed with black jeans, a blue sweatshirt, and slicked back hair, yet still a little messy. Clay gave George a quick smile, immediately going back to his phone in his hand. Instead of getting dressed, George climbed into bed next to Clay, hugging his torso.

"What's this about?" Clay laughed, turning off his phone.

"I'm sorry." George hugged Clay's torso tighter, digging his head into Clay's chest.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm just so.. awkward around you now."

Clay took a minute before responding. "Things are awkward now?"

"No! No. It's just- I don't know. Whenever you smile, talk, literally anything, it just amazes me. I want to treasure it. Like, I want to remember those memories before you go."

Clay wrapped his arms around George, casually playing with his hair. "You're afraid of me leaving."

"I know, it's stupid. I'm being clingy."

"No, it's not stupid. I get it." Clay put his hand on George's chin, gradually lifting his face until their eyes met.

"I felt like I couldn't function without you, Clay. I sat there, waiting for days for there to be power. I just-needed to hear your voice."

"I know. I know because I felt like that too. But, no matter what, we're gonna find each other. We're gonna have a home together; a happy future. Maybe.. kids?"

George practically melted into Clay's arms after hearing his reassuring words. "I hate kids."

Clay chuckled, cupping George's face in his hands. "No kids. Just us."

George lifted his head, trying his best to prevent his tears from falling. "You're too good to me, Dreamie."

"Dreamie? Was that a pet name?"

"Stoppp," George laughed, playfully pushing Clay's shoulder. He allowed his tears to fall, but were immediately wiped away by Clay's thumbs.

"I love you, George. I always will."

"I love you, Clay. Forever." George leaned in, lightly kissing Clay's lips. Clay returned the kiss, pulling away slowly after a minute or so.

"You gotta get dressed, George."

"Like I said, you're such a tease."

Clay giggled slightly, running his hands through George's messy hair. "I just wanna make a good impression."

"Yeah, whatever," George said through smiles, lightly pecking Clay's lips before getting up. Clay got up with him, leaving the room so he could change.

"Miss you already, Dreamie."

——————————————————————————
IM SO LONELY <\3