Flashbacks

Two days after the fight, not one word was spoken from either boys. For the most part, their apartment was completely silent, the only thing breaking the silence being Christine's TV. The only times the boys left their rooms were when they had to go to the bathroom or eat, nothing more. It seemed as though with or without each other, they would always be a mess. Now, they just had to decide what the better option would be.

At 11:30 am, Clay had risen, staring at his phone for any sign of George. As he expected, no texts, no tags, no tweets, no nothing. Without George, Clay didn't feel complete, like the only thing keeping him together had just disappeared. The truth was, Clay needed George, and he would do everything in his power to make things right with him.

Walking out of his room, Clay was greeted by Christine in the most annoying way possible. Since Christine was woken up during the fight, she listened in on everything the boys were saying about each other. Of course, since Clay was so reluctant to let her stay, she had to use it against him.

"How's the boyfriend?"

"I'm sure he's fine."

"Really? Cause I haven't seen him in quite some time now."

"Yeah. Well, you shouldn't have seen him in the first place." Clay, with no hesitation, walked straight past Christine and towards George's door. Knocking lightly, his heart was pounding.

When the door opened, Clay saw George with messy hair and bags under his eyes. Obviously, he wasn't sleeping very well.

"Can I.. come in?" Clay talked in a whisper, seeming very calm in order to comfort George.

"Mhm." Walking towards George's bed, an idea popped into Clay's mind.

"Actually, do you mind if we go for a drive?

——————————————————————————
In the car, the only thing keeping the uncomfortable silence unnoticeable was the radio. Fortunately, the drive was short and both boys had lots on their minds.

"Ok. We're here." Pulling up to the building, George could realize they were once again at the airport.

"Did you push forward my flight?" George questioned,  looking at Clay in the eyes for the first time in a while. It still had the same effect on George, a light pink color spreading across his cheeks.

"You wish. Come on, follow me." When stepping out of the car, the boys walked for barely a minute, making their way towards the exit of the airport. When reaching the particular spot, Clay grabbed onto George's waist, placing him in a certain position.

"Why are we here, Clay?"

Clay stood directly in front of George, towering over him. He looked down at George with a soft expression, now holding on to his shoulders.

"George, we're here because.." Clay was choking up. He couldn't help it; tears were now streaming down this face, landing on the floor under both of them. George looked up at Clay and held his hand to his face, just like the night he had comforted Clay about coming out.

"I'm sorry. I-I never meant to hurt you. I'm just.. so sorry." Clay, sobbing, didn't plan for things to go this way. He was embarrassed for breaking down in front of George.

"It's ok. Everything's ok." George pulled Clay into a hug, holding him tightly. He was glad to feel Clay's touch again, he felt starved.

"We came here because I wanted to tell you that I love you... and that I knew it when I looked you in the eyes right here, at the airport, in this very spot. I'm sorry I couldn't make that happen." Clay, still holding George, wiped his tears away with his fingertips, leaning further into George's shoulder.

"I love you too, Clay. I really do."

——————————————————————————
The car ride back to the apartment felt comfortable, which was a relief to both Clay and George. With one hand, Clay was holding onto the wheel and with the other, holding George's hand, stroking his thumb. George finally looked back to normal, his hair being neat again and a smile plastered on his face.

"I thought about what you said," George exclaimed, looking up from his phone.

"What?"

What you said that night. About us. Our labels."

Clay sighed, loosening his grip on George's hand. "What I said was uncalled for. I don't mind waiting, especially if I'm waiting for you."

George tightened his grip on Clay's hand. "No no. You were right. If I knew what I wanted, I should've just said so."

Pulling into the apartments parking lot, Clay looked over at George. "If you're not ready, that's completely fine. I shouldn't have rushed you."

"I want to be with you, Clay. I want to tell people."

"Tell people what?" Clay parked the car, now leaning over towards George.

"We're dating." George's small smile turned into a grin when he saw Clay's surprised expression.

"Wait. Really? You're pranking me, right? We're dating? Making it pub-" George leaned in, pecking Clay on the lips. Although he loved Clay, sometimes he talked a little too much. With a smile, he opened the car door and walked towards the apartment building.

"Lic... public."

——————————————————————————
uh that's kinda fruity i think