Distant

When Clay looked through the peep hole, his heart sank. He didn't mean to let go of George's hand, his shock was reacting before he could. When he told George to go to his room, he didn't mean to sound like he was hiding George, he just didn't want the two of them to meet yet, if at all.

"What are you doing here?" Clay had now opened the door, talking to the female in front of him while looking back at George's room.

"It's been a while, Clay. Maybe I just wanted some company." The female in front of Clay winked while letting herself in.

"Yeah, well maybe I don't allow guests, Christine."

"Make an exception? For your girlfriend, that is."

Clay snickered, closing the door. "Ex girlfriend who, not to mention, cheated on me."

Christine made her way to the couch and turned the TV on. She seemed to know her way around.

"What do you want?" Clay pulled the remote out of her hand and immediately turned the TV off.

"Need a place to stay. Might've gotten myself into a little trouble with the family."

"That's not my problem." Clay looked at the girl with a serious look on his face. This was the first time they were speaking since their break up. Obviously, they were not on good terms.

"So that's a no?" Christine got up from the couch with a smirk on her face while walking towards the George's room, the guest bedroom.

"Don't." Clay, knowing how crazy Christine was, blocked George's door. "Don't even think about it."

"Wow. Someone took my place, huh? Guess I'll just take the couch then."

"Get out. Now."

"Hm. Fine, I'll leave. It'd just be a shame if word got out you were dating someone."

"I'm not ashamed, and we're not.. to- I don't know what we are. All I know is that you need to get out." In the midst of their conversation, Clay could hear George's door creak open. Turning back, Clay could see George's head peaking out from the door, looking right at Christine.

"I didn't mean to intrude or anything. Just.. checking if everything's alright. I heard yelling." George, now looking at Clay with wide eyes, stepped back into his room and closed the door.

"Twitter's calling my name, Clay. Can you imagine? 'Dream dating best friend.'"

"Ok, ok fine! You can stay here! Just.. don't involve him in any of your crap. I swear to God, I'll kill you, Christine." Clay walked back to his room, slamming the door behind him. Who did she think she was?

——————————————————————————
At around 3 am, George decided to get up from his bed again, disregarding any sign of the girl from earlier. It was obvious to George that Clay had a strong hatred towards this girl and needed someone to talk to about it. When George made it to Clay's room, he knocked quietly, not wanting to wake the sleeping girl on the couch.

"Oh. George. Come in." Clay was talking in a quiet voice, avoiding any eye contact with George.

"Clay, I'm so sorry about earlier. I had no right to invade your privacy like that." George shut the door behind him, making his way to sit next to Clay on his bed.

"It's not you that was bothering me."

"You can't even look me in the eye. You're.. distant, Clay."

"What do you mean 'distant?' We're not even a couple, you have no right to say that." Clay's quiet voice was now stern and filled with anger. He even moved his body farther away from George's, it was clear that George was partly the reason he was upset.

"It hasn't even been a day since you told me how you felt and you're complaining that we're not a couple? Seriously, Clay?" George, getting up, looked over at Clay, noticing his clenched jaw.

"If you want to say something, just say it."

Clay scoffed. "Yeah. I am complaining we're not a couple. I mean, you kissed me, yet you don't know what you want. It's not cool to mess around with someone's feelings."

"Are you kidding me? 'Playing with your feelings?' Do you know how long I've wanted this?" Clay had now repositioned himself so he was laying under the covers, turning away from George.

"Whatever, Clay. Talk to me when you're the Clay I fell in love with." Clay immediately turned his head towards George with a confused look on his face.

"You're in love with me?"

"No. Not right now," George said, slamming the door behind him, waking the girl on the living room couch.

"Chill, man. Some of us are actually trying to sleep here." The girl sat up, staring directly at George with tired eyes.

"Couldn't care less." With that, George slammed his door too, sitting on his bed for the rest of the night, angry towards Clay. Who did he think he was?

——————————————————————————
we see you george we see you

ily btw <3