Breaking Up

With George's encouraging words, Clay felt slightly better about his talk with his dad, but that didn't last long.

Laying in bed next to George, Clay got yet another phone call from his dad.

"Georgie, I'll be right back." Clay separated himself from George, answering the phone when he made it to the living room.

"What?" Clay's voice was filled with anger. He stood, leaning against George's door, with a disgusted expression on his face as his dad spoke.

"What? No. No! Why would I-"

Eventually, after about 15 minutes, Clay just hung up the phone, glaring at Christine before walking back into George's room.

Stretching, George mumbled, "That was your dad?"

Clay nodded, laying back down next to George. He grabbed George's waist, pulling George closer to him.

"Mm. What'd he say?" George wrapped his arm around Clay's chest, laying his head on Clay's shoulder.

"He wants to go out to dinner with me. Well, us."

"What're you gonna do?"

"I don't know. I mean, he left me, you know? Now, I feel like he just wants me back because I make money." George looked up at Clay, smiling softly.

"It's not up to me, but I would give him a second chance. I'd be happy to come with you." Clay looked into George's eyes and sighed.

"I love you, George."

"I love you more."

——————————————————————————
After hours of holding each other, Clay let go of George, reaching for his phone.

"I'm gonna call him." Clay spoke gently, but with an obvious disgusted tone.

George sat up, walking towards the door.

"I'll give you some privacy." He smiled, closing the door behind him.

As the phone was ringing, Clay's heart was pounding. Truth be told, Clay barely knew who his dad was; he left him at such a young age.

"Clay! Hi!" His dad picked up the phone and spoke in a cheery attitude. To anyone, it would seem like he really wanted to make things right, but Clay wouldn't let his guard down.

"We'll come to dinner."

"Wow! Great! Tonight at 7? I'll pick you up."

Clay hung up the phone leaving no response. Although he said he would go, he had a bad feeling about it.

"Everything ok?" George peeked his head through the door, looking directly at Clay.

"Tonight at 7. He'll pick us up." Clay walked to George and leaned over, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Thank you for doing this, baby."

"Of course. We're a team."

——————————————————————————
When the clock struck 7, both boys were ready, standing outside of the apartment building. They hadn't known where they were going, so they dressed casually, in jeans and a sweatshirt. It didn't matter though, Clay wasn't planning on staying for long.

An old looking car pulled up to where the boys were standing at 7:01. A man in the car signaled the boys to come inside.

"This is him?" George asked, looking up at Clay.

"Guess so."

Clay walked towards the car, opening the car door for George. When George got in the back, Clay slowly made his way to the front seat.

"Thank you so much for coming. I can't wait to catch up with both of you!" The man in the drivers seat had a black suit on with clean, gelled hair on his head. It was obvious the man had money.

Clay stayed silent, looking out the window. Of course his dad would have the perfect life.

"Thank you for having us. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." George did the talking for Clay.

"Any particular restaurant you boys want to go to?" The man turned the engine on, beginning to drive out of the parking lot.

"Somewhere with fast service." Clay buckled, looking out the window again. He just wanted the night to be over.

——————————————————————————
At the restaurant, George and Clay sat on one side of the booth, while the man sat on the other. Most of the time, only George started conversations, asking the man about work, family, etc. After a while though, George had announced he would be right back, excusing himself from the table.

"So, son. How have you-"

"Don't call me 'son.'" For the first time that night, Clay looked his dad dead in the eyes.

"Your friend's very talkative." Clay's dad smiled, ignoring the glare Clay was giving him.

"He's not my friend."

"Hm. He's your...."

"Boyfriend." Clay had a confused expression on his face. What did he care?

"Boyfriend?"

Clay nodded.

"See, I was talking to a nice girl in the store. She said you two had history."

"Ok?"

"She also said you cheated on her. With George."

Clay scoffed. Christine.

"Break up with George, Clay. She forgives you. She's better for you."

"Oh, of course. I'll listen to the man who knows absolutely nothing about me." Clay began making his way to the end of the booth; he was ready to leave.

"I will not accept a son that cheats on women! Especially with a worthless man!"

Clay slammed his hands on the table. "Say that to me again."

"You and your slob of a boyfriend are worthless."

Clay could feel fists forming. Even if he wanted to, nothing could stop him; his dad just made fun of the love of his life.

"You wouldn't dare." Clay's dad laughed, almost challenging Clay.

"Oh, I would." At that moment, Clay's arm swung back with full force. Before he could do anything though, he felt his arm relax, dropping back down onto the table.

"Thank you for the dinner, sir. We'll be on our way now," George said, breaking up their fight. George let go of Clay's arm, rushing out of the restaurant.

"George! Wait!" Clay got up from the booth, not hesitating to try and catch up to George, but George was already gone.

——————————————————————————
IM SORRY I SCARED YOU WITH THE TITLE HAHA