Exposed

A/N: this isn't meant to disrespect dream or his privacy in any way. it's just fiction! if anyone does think i should change the plot though, i currently can :) enjoy the chapter!

"Clay? Are you awake?" George talked in a whisper, not wanting to disturb the other people around him. Clay, George, and George's mom were all sitting in a movie theatre, watching some type of action movie.

"Mhm." George and Clay's hands were intertwined, laying on George's thigh. They had been sharing popcorn before, sometimes throwing little pieces at each other. By the middle of the movie though, both the boys found it boring; no popcorn in their laps and not being able to examine the other was getting to them.

"Do you wanna go to the bathroom? Play arcade games or something?"

"What about your mom?"

George looked over at his mom, smiling while turning back to Clay. "She's fast asleep."

Clay smiled, beginning to get up. "I feel like I'm in highschool again. I would always sneak out."

"Ooh.. you were the bad boy?" George grabbed Clay's hand again, leading him to the exit.

"Is that a surprise?"

George chuckled, talking at a louder volume when they reached the exit. "Actually, no. I kinda expected it."

"Oh?"

"Not in a bad way, of course. I mean, look at you. Of course you'd be popular."

Clay smirked, deciding to play with George a bit. "Meaning?"

"Stoppp. You're so annoying." George was obviously flustered, letting go of Clay's hand to bury his face.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding." Clay leaned in, pecking George's lips, causing George to blush even more than he was before. Clay always had an effect on him.

"Hey, I'm sorry. You look really familiar." The boys broke the kiss, instantly turning around. The girl standing in front of them was pointing to George.

"W-what? No! I'm just-" George stammered, trying to figure out who it was in front of them. He too thought the girl looked familiar.

"Just your everyday couple making out in public. Ew!" Clay awkwardly spoke, trying his best to cover for George. Was this a fan or something?

George looked up at Clay, their eyes meeting. Clearly, they were both nervous.

The girl put her phone into her pocket, beginning to walk off. "Sorry to bother you, then."

Both the boys sighed in relief, now walking towards the arcade. Nothing would come out of that... right?

——————————————————————————
Soon after the movies, the boys were already at George's house, cuddling in bed. It was pretty late, but they wanted to stay up, holding each other.. feeling each other. There was a comfortable silence between the two, allowing George to relax, forcing his eyes open at times. Everything about the environment was peaceful. That is, until..

"Holy sh-" Clay flung into a sitting position, moving the half-asleep George with him.

"What? What happened?" George's eyes were now open, staring at Clay. It wasn't George's usual sight though, Clay seemed shocked, like he was about to break down.

"Clay?" Clay didn't respond, just a sharp inhale. He passed his phone to George, which had twitter open. While George reached for the phone, Clay suddenly broke out crying, leaning into George.

"Clay..." Clay moved his arms to George's shoulders, hugging him tightly. Although George enjoyed it, he couldn't bare seeing Clay like this. "You gotta tell me what's going on, love."

"Ph-phone," Clay said between cries.

Without blinking, George picked up Clay's phone, disgusted at the post he was looking at. Him at the movie theatre. With Clay. Faces showing. What disgusted him even more was what he found out after he did some research. The oddly familiar girl at the movie theatre was the flight attendant from both of their flights. She had been paying attention to both of them because she was a fan.

"Oh my god," George whispered to himself, hugging Clay tighter than ever before. "I'm so sorry."

"They're gonna think- I- I'm ugly. I wasn't ready, George."

George broke his hug with Clay, laying his hands on Clay's face. "Listen to me, Clay. You are gorgeous, ok? I literally cannot keep my eyes off of you. If anyone thinks otherwise, they're crazy."

"You're biased. You're- my boyfriend."

"You trust me, right?" George wiped some of Clay's tears, feeling his warm face.

"I do." Clay whispered, not wanting to completely break down. Although George was always there to help him, he couldn't force that on him.

"You have to trust me on this one, ok? I promise you.. nothing bad will come out of this, even if there's haters."

Clay laid his hands on George's, nodding his head. "I know. I'm think I'm.. just- tired. I-"

Before Clay could complete his sentence, George had gently moved his body, laying his head on his pillow. Usually, Clay would sleep on the right side of the bed, but George had laid him on the left, his own side. When hitting the covers, Clay instantly smelt George, the beautiful smell of cologne. It made him feel better; George always did.

"Do I have a smell?" Clay suddenly asked, flipping his body so he was facing George. He still had a few tears running down his face, but he was wiping them with the covers.

"A smell?"

"Your side of the bed smells like you, like cologne."

George smiled, laying his face deep into Clay's pillow. "Smells like home. Back in Florida. The meadow maybe."

Clay forced a smile on his face, turning away from George. George almost instantaneously put his hand on Clay's back, rubbing it back and forth. Eventually, he heard Clay's sniffles fade away, meaning he was asleep.

"I promise I'll keep you happy, Clay. I promise."

——————————————————————————
not cool dude