Leading Moments

"Clay.. Clay. You have to tell me if you're ok. I need to know you're ok."

For about 20 minutes now, George and Clay were still sitting in the bedroom, letting all their emotions out. George, trying to make Clay feel better about the situation, was sitting on his bed, looking directly down at Clay. Clay on the other hand, had his head buried in his knees, avoiding any eye contact.

"Please... Clay. We're a team."

Clay looked up at George with red eyes. "How are we supposed to be a team.. with you miles away? How am I gonna survive without you? How is any of this ok?" Tears still streaming down his face, Clay got up, sitting next to George. Already, he missed his touch.

George reached over, lightly cupping Clay's face. "We're strong. Our love for each other is strong. We're- gonna make it through this." George smiled, a single tear falling from his face. The truth is, George couldn't see life without Clay either. He couldn't believe their time together was coming to an end. It wasn't fair.

"This is my fault." Clay held onto George's arms. He was somewhat pleased when his hands reached George's cold skin.

"That's not true."

"No, it is. I had the idea of telling the stream. If we never ha-"

"No. You gotta- stop being so hard on yourself. I love you, ok? None of this is your fault."

"Just look at how devastated you are. It's all because of me." Clay couldn't help but let out soft sobs. Looking into George's puffy, red eyes was heartbreaking. Everything about this situation was heartbreaking.

"You're devastated because I'm leaving. That's on me." George giggled, wiping Clay's tears. He loved comforting Clay. It always brought his head back to the time on the couch: one of their first moments together. He would miss this, more than anyone would ever think.

——————————————————————————
After a while, the boys began settling down, deciding to pull an all-nighter. During this time, they spoke about their memories together and how they would make new memories, all while smothering each other in kisses. They wished this moment would never end.

Suddenly, Clay's alarm went off, alerting the boys they only had two hours before having to separate. Reality hit.

"Turn that off." George, laying on Clay's stomach, reached over for Clay's phone. He needed no reminders of the dreaded time to come; he just wanted to be with Clay, in the moment.

"Do you think it's gonna be long? Until we.. 'meet again?'" Clay looked down at George, petting his hand through George's hair.

"I don't know. I've never had such big news to tell my mom. I'm the quiet sibling." George chuckled, pulling Clay's free arm around his waist.

"Y-You're not gonna forget about me, right?" George looked up at Clay with a curious look. His laughing faded, dropping into a serious tone.

Clay slightly picked up George, letting him drop back onto the bed when they were face to face.

"George, I could never forget about you. Even if I tried." Clay whispered, wrapping his arm slightly around George's neck. Pulling George in, he passionately locked his lips with George's, almost tasting the tears from earlier. Neither of the boys pulled away, only stopping when another alarm went off.

One hour.

——————————————————————————
"Does it look like everything's in there?" Clay stood near the trunk, transferring all George's bags from the apartment to his car.

"Yeah. Oh, wait! Hold on!" George ran back into the apartment, leaving his remaining bags on the concrete.

"George, you're gonna be late!" Clay laughed, watching George sprint off in the distance as he got in the car. In his head, he wished his car wouldn't start or for it to breakdown on the way there.

"Ok. I'm ready." George walked to the car in one of Clay's severely oversized sweatshirts, giggling as he watched Clay's eyes go wide.

"You like?" George sat in the passengers seat, reaching for Clay's hand immediately.

"That's my favorite sweatshirt. You really chose my favorite sweatshirt." Clay held George's hand, naturally rubbing his thumb against George's hand without thinking.

"It's something to remember you by."

"And I get nothing to remember you by?"

George laughed, sinking into his seat. "You can.. watch my streams a million times over."

Clay scoffed. "Yeah, ok."

With that, Clay started the car, putting the location of the airport into his GPS.

Only a ten minute drive.

——————————————————————————
Pulling into the parking lot was painful for both of them. They had been there two times before, but this time was completely different. They were saying goodbye.

"Alright. Let's go." Clay unbuckled himself with his free hand, trying his best to get out of the car. Every time he tried stepping out of the car, he was pulled back by George.

"What if I- just didn't go?"

"George.."

"I could tell my mom the flights were cancelled."

"George."

"I could tell her there's bad weather. She wouldn't want me flying then."

"George!"

"W-what?"

"As much as I would love for you to stay, I wouldn't wanna separate you from your family." Clay detached his hand from George's, finally stepping out of the car.

George followed his lead, stepping out of the car with him.

"Isn't that what my family's doing? Separating us?"

"George, they're your family. Always have been, always will be."

"Yeah. And you're gonna be apart of my family too."

Clay opened the trunk, handing George some of his bags. "Fair point."

"I mean, do you think they're even gonna support me? They're making me fly back home for this." George watched as Clay closed the trunk, signaling George to follow him into the airport.

"Probably. Even if they don't, you can always fly back home. To me." Clay instantly stopped walking, looking up at a sign above him.

"Crap." Clay quickly looked behind him, grasping onto George's hand when he spotted it. He pulled George in, laying a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"Wh-"

"I love you, George. Like you said, we're gonna make it through this."

George shot a confused expression, looking around the airport to find what was making Clay act so quickly. When his eyes spotted the sign above him, he instantaneously realized what Clay was doing. George was late, really late, and this was their goodbye. Who knew it would be so rushed?

——————————————————————————
😢👊🏻😭😬😦😱😤