19| You are not alone

NOT PROOFREAD

Trust me, even the strongest people need love. They may look strong enough to take care of themselves, but it is not like they don't need someone to pick up their broken pieces when they're too tired to do it themselves. They may look like they're their own heroes, but sometimes even they need someone to hold their hand and tell them that everything is going to be fine. They are also vulnerable and fragile like the rest of us.

After making siya eat something, she and sunehri headed back to their home. Sunehri got better with everyone around her. She was grateful for them having her back. And, they are very pleased to see sunehri getting better. But, DD's pickup got worse with time. Needless to say, avni is the only one who now laughs. Sunehri became team neil and started snorting at his jokes making him pout and complain. 

Avni went to her room and tried her hardest to sleep. But, she knew the day she was dreading was coming soon. And, she has no option but to attend. Her mind was on a rollercoaster today. There has been lots of triggering from the morning. It was there on her mind for weeks, but as the day got nearer, the feeling only intensified. 

The main reason she opted to do her journalling after such a long time. She was trying her mind to distract from those thoughts and do something that makes her feel light. 

And, oh boy it did make her feel light.

Mainly, neil sitting next to her and ogling her like a piece of meat is something she laughed her mind. He didn't even do it discreetly. He has to learn so much, she thought. At the same time, she applauded her courage for keeping her needs at first. No matter how much she likes him, her personal space is important for her. They are not in any kind of relationship for god's sake. Then, the circumstance might change. But, overall suffice to say neil kinda helped her to get her sanity back from all the thoughts. 

But, this night her mind was running a thousand miles, a second. She was pondering about every little detail that happened to her from her childhood. Every good thing. Every bad thing. How she lost her family brutally and became all alone in this huge world in one second, how she came across some cruel family who made her life living hell, how she met her- who taught her everything who she is now and then left her again making her all alone in this world. And, lastly how she found her safe haven again. Neil. Siya. DD. Sunehri. Ali. Juhi and now neav, if he is willing to accept her. 

Avni is trying hard not to think about anything and just sleep. But, we all have our days, right? And, some days it's better to feel and omit the feeling rather than neglecting it and piling it up so it's gonna burst someday or the other. And today avni is so exhausted to even dodge those feelings aside. 

She always tries her hardest to think the brightest side. But, somewhere deep inside her, this feeling remained-- why she had to suffer all this. They say suffering makes one a better person. And, yes she surprisingly turned out amazing inside and out. But, why her. Doesn't she deserve to be happy? Doesn't she get her happy family? 

Shaking her head violently, she chided herself for being this pathetic. Self-pity is not gonna get her anywhere. Get your shit together, avni she kept repeating to herself like a chant and wiped the tears, smiled and thanked for an awesome day, and dozed off. 

The next morning when avni woke up, the first thing she smelled was blueberries. Damn, her mouth watered on her bed itself and she sniffed the aroma like jerry and subconsciously licked her lips eager to get that inside her tummy. 

Thirstily, she stood up and felt her head so heavy with all the tears yesterday she fell down on her bed with a bang. But, what surprised her is finding a tablet and a fresh mug filled with water. 

She smiled herself thinking she has someone now and gulped the tablet in one go, hurried to the washroom. After a good half an hour she was ready to get that damn pancakes into her tummy. 

As soon as she entered the dining room, she was tackled by a huge hug making her fall backward. 

"A very good morning." Sunehri cheers loudly. 

Avni chuckles and parts from sunehri to see her living room filled with people making her furrowing her eyebrows. 

"Ah, sleeping beauty awakens. We can have breakfast. I'm starving." Ali announces making everyone looking at her. Walking to her, he gives a side hug and takes a huge stash of blueberry pancakes, and savors them.

DD and neil sat across each other and were talking about something when she hears a little giggle which makes her day usually. Wanting to see the little bean she glances everywhere and sees siya with sunehri, who are now looking at her. Siya with her huge brown eyes and her hands wide for avni to hold her. 

As she was going to the site, she collides a hard chest and sees DD grinning down at her. "A very good morning, cutie." He said with a wide smile and gives her a bear hug. 

Avni tries to chuckle, "Can't B-breathe" 

Neil who was beside DD smacks him and yells, "You are choking her, you idiot." 

Dd pulls from the embrace and pouts, "Did i coke you avni?" 

AVni couldn't resist her big brother's pout and nods in a big NO making everyone giggle and neil glare at her playfully. 

But, mentally she was screaming inside, what's with everyone hugging her. It is so weird. Not that she appreciates it. She knows she gives the best hugs, lol.

"Okay neil, your turn." Says sunehri who is now giggling with siya. 

"Wh-what?" avni glances confused. 

"Neil has something for you," Dd says and encourages neil to go ahead. 

Ali was who eating his breakfast, no savoring it stops and ogles them like a damn reality show making neil cringe. 

"Go on. Don't be shy." ali encourages. 

Neil scowls. "I am going to smack you all. shut up with all the commentary." 

Dd smiles knowingly and whispers to ali and sunehri something. And turns to neil who was glaring at dd for trapping him in such a situation and to avni who was totally oblivious to everything. 

He silently laughs, looking at his cutie. She is a gem and she deserves the whole world. "We will not look, okay? See" he points to all of them who is turning their back to them and says, "You can go ahead neil. I am famished. So you better be quick." 

Avni loses her patience and asks, "What the hell is going on over here?" 

Neil glances at the others whose back is faced to them and turns to face avni. He takes a deep breath making avni twitch in annoyance at what is going on. 

He comes closer to her without any warning and before she retaliates she is in his arms. He hugs her with so very gentleness making her eyes closed in adoration. Her last night thoughts disappeared in thin air after all this, their friends, now the family has done for her. BUt, now being in the arms of the person she adored, is something. And, most importantly the way she was feeling all the adoration for her in a simple hug is amazing. Tears filled her eyes, the amount of love she has been showered is overwhelming. At the same time, she is very grateful to have all of them. 

"You aren't alone avni. Never. Not as long as we are here!" she hears him utter the most simple words which were more than enough to get her back. 

Hello, Lmao! Here is the update. It's not a light-hearted one. Because i believe we all have our days where it's not so easy to fight with our inner demons. But, we still manage to get through it. And, i am so very proud of all of you for being so brave. Just remember you aren't alone. You are not alone in this huge world. And, it's gonna get better. 

Stay safe and healthy. Love, 
Seneca : )