17| Hunting for a job

"Of all the hearts I've loved, yours is the one that makes mine smile."

To say avni was growing on him would be an understatement. She was adored by all of them in that house and by all of them, neil comes into the picture too. 

Since they were spending all the time together, neil had a chance to get to know her too. But, only the minute stuff. And, he was okay with that. 

Meanwhile, neil started hunting for a job. He was desperately in need of it. He could not let his brother's life ruined. He wanted to give his lil munchkins all the things they deserved. And, for that, if he had to leave the school, himself, he would without questions asked. 

That's when he received another letter from his mystery girl. 

His smile brightened as he opened his locker. As usual, there was a letter neatly folded. 

My Tesoro, 

If you even think of leaving school, i would gladly strangle you with my own hands. I agree you need a job. But, do not take any hasty decision. I could tell you that, you want your munchkins to give all the pleasures. But, skipping school is not the way. So, stop thinking about unnecessary nonsense. 

I left the address of the cafe. You can work there. I already spoke with the owner, so she is ready to give the job once after she meets you in person. Don't forget to go, check. You will not regret it. 

Don't give up love, you are a fighter. Good luck!
Fighting 

Yours 
You know who!

"Whoa, how did she know that you spoke about skipping school?" Ali yelled.

"Could you be any louder?" Dd smacked Ali. 

"Maybe she just saw me going into the office?" Neil thought.

"Might be." Dd voiced.

But, no one really thought that the mystery girl would keep tabs on them. They just thought it was some crazy crush or someone just pranking for fun, as neil is the 'bad boy'. But, this you know who, whoever she is never fails to surprise them. 

------

After the last class, neil decided to go to the address his mystery girl gave and ought to see if anyone really offers him a job. 

As he approached he saw a small, but a comfy diner. He slowly opened the door and moved inside only to get hit by a fresh coffee beans smell. It was wonderful. It felt homely. 

Now he knew, why the mystery girl was hell-bent of making him go hear. He loved coffee. It was like a potion to him. Whenever he felt blue or unmotivated, a cup of coffee would always help him. 

This place would be perfect if he gets the job, he thought. 

Since it was self-service he went to the counter and asked if he could speak with the owner. The person, the other side looked at him weirdly and rushed it to call someone. 

"Oh neil, right?" he heard a thick voice. As he glanced up, he saw an elderly lady with a soft smile adorning her face. 

He nodded in a yes and smiled in return. 

"Oh, come on in kidoo." she urged and took him to the backside of the cafe.

He sat down in a chair opposite to the lady and started fidgeting. He didn't know what to answer if she had asked any questions. And, if not for his mystery girl he would never even be here.