18| Watcha doing?

NOT PROOFREAD

"You are the best thing, I never planned."

It was already the weekend and Neil couldn't wait to start his job. Agreed, he is nervous. But, excited topped most of his nerves.

"Neil, Hi." he heard Ms. Esma's voice as he entered the café. She glanced at her watch on her wrist and furrowed her eyebrows and said, "You are early kiddo!"

Neil gave a nervous chuckle. "Um, yes Ms. Esma. I just wanted to learn a few things before i start the work officially." he said and scratched his neck nervously and added, "Is that okay?"

Esma chuckled softly and shook her head, "Of course, neil." and stared at him grinning slyly. "Now i understand why she adores you this much," she muttered to herself but neil did hear everything she said. A little too much clear, if anyone asks. 

Neil was not really surprised to hear that. As cocky as it sounds he knew this you know who- whoever is that likes him a little too much. And, she knowingly or unknowingly helped him a lot. For that, he'll eternally be grateful. 

Neil being nervous asked Esma about the things he had to handle in the cafe. As asked she just grinned happily and showed him the basics of everything and how they work in this cafe. Needless to say, he was definitely getting the hang of it. 

"Hey, kidoo" she called in between and said, "You are doing great. Don't worry about anything." 

Neil smiled genuinely and said, "Thanks a lot, Ms. Esma" 

--------

It's hardly been a week and Neil was trying his best to get comfortable at work. He is indeed working his a** off. Because he knew he shouldn't take this for granted. Agreed, his mystery girl helped him to get this job but that doesn't mean he'll be lenient. He didn't want to mess up the opportunity. And, he would be damned if he does that. Neav needed this and he would do anything to give neav the best of childhood.

The past week has been great. After Esma filling him in the ways the cafe would work Neil's nerves calmed a bit and he got a little confidence. 

"Hey man," he heard a voice greet him. 

Oh, in this one week of his time in the cafe he managed to get to know some people. Needless to say, they were beginning to be friends with our so-called bad boy.

"Hi Abhi." neil replied. 

There was a total of two people with whom neil shared this shift. Abhi and Aisha. And, to be honest he would be lying if he said he was not comfortable with them. 

There's something about working and talking with strangers, isn't it? They don't judge you and your past won't bother them. What all matters are how you function then and there. And, that was something neil had undergone very recently. He was grateful to his mystery girl for recommending this job. 

All this week he had been learning many things from his colleagues- Abhi and Aisha. They were very helpful and friendly. And, like that, once they got carried away and started talking about their earlier incidents at the cafe. 

And, then suddenly out of nowhere, they started talking about a girl who used to work in his place. But, then she found another job and quit it. 

He had no idea why he was so much interested. He still remembered the conversation they had in their shift, "Neil, you are lucky that she left this job. Ms. Esma is an angel, you would never get a boss like her." Abhi said nonchalantly. But, neil wanted to know more. He didn't know why.