3| Her 'lil Fireball

Not Proofread

The next day was usual except for avni screaming at Ria as she entered the locker room.,

"Woah woah, kya hua tujhe? Itni excited kyon hain? " ria teased her.

" I told you about the part time, didn't i? " avni asked skeptically if she remembered that conversation.

" Yeah, of course I remember you idiot! " Ria scowled at avni for making fun of her great memory.

" Guess for whom i am working for? " avni asked grinning.

This was to closest she was with him. And it was like a paradise to her.

" Uh, whoo?? " ria tried to scramble her mind thinking of various people posible but looking at the hundred watt face on her face it clicked ria " Don't tell me it's the fireball "

Fireball's the name they had given to neil. His face always has this emotion ' come near me and i will kill you '
And, he'll get pissed pretty soon. So hence, the fireball.

A cute, little fireball! Thought avni.

Nodding her head " It's him. And do you even believe when i tell he actually smiled. Like a real smile. It was like the best part of the day, you know. After so long I've seen that, little twitch. It was good to see him so carefree and lighthearted. " said avni smiling widely.

Her happiness can be seen by the way her eyes sparkle every time she talk about him. It was like she was madly, deeply and completely in love with him.

But the question is, can he return her with the same adoration, she has for him?

~~~~

Evening came pretty soon and avni had got loads of assignments on her head. So today instead of heading her home first, she directly headed to her job.

Knocking the door, she saw neil opening door with the same impassive look in his face.

She sighed, thinking it's going to be a long day.

" She's in her room playing " said neil and left.

To his room probably, she thought.

Shaking her thoughts she put a smile on her face and headed to siya's room. There she saw the lil gurl playing all with herself.

She felt a similar pang in her chest, looking at her. That moment she had decided to make her childhood better.

She led out a huge yarn making avni laugh out loud along with the tears in her eyes.

She quickly reached out for Siya when Siya looked at her with her black doe eyes, just like neil, avni thought.
Pushing him off her thoughts, she gathered her lil girl in her arms and rocked her forth and back.

Within 5 minutes she dozed off there in Avni's arms. Avni put her on her bed so as she could sleep much comfortably and place the cushions either side so that she will not fall and left to complete her assignments.

After what like an hour she was almost in the last page of assignment when she heard someone walk through the stairs.

Neil was her immediate thought.

Her guess was actually right when she heard him scream " what the hell are you doing here? You were supposed to be near siya. Where is she "

Visualising this form of his she was totally blown away. But then thought, if she would be in his place, she might yelled at him too and let it slide.

Composing herself " No need to get your panties twist. She is sleeping peacefully and you are rudely disturbing her beauty sleep " said avni looking in his eyes and getting back to complete her last page.

She was not afraid of him. Not now nor in the future. She knew it was all a facade. And sooner or later she hope it breaks for good.

Neil was shocked at her response. He being a bad boy thought everyone would be scared to talk back to him. But avni? Her sarcasm was flowing effortlessly and her eyes, it held a certain strength and power in them.

Neil couldn't pin point what's wrong. He hadn't felt to anyone like this till this very moment. Then why now, he thought.

Massaging his temples he headed to his room again but not before checking on his bundle of joy.

A little later when he back to check Siya he saw a very silent and disciplined Siya on her high baby chair eating like a good girl without any fit whilst listening to something the babysitter is saying.

That's when he remembered, he never really got her name. He would ask today, definitely he thought remembering Ali's words cringing.

Avni saw him seeing his bundle of joy with love his his eyes.

Oh, how much she would do to be in Siya's place. May be it's not in her fate, to be loved she thought sadly and distracted from those depressing thoughts.

As if sensing her sadness Siya immediately put her little hand on Avni's cheek and stroked a bit only to fall. Avni chuckled at her kindness.

That day avni made an another promise that Siya wouldn't be alone, she would be there to guide her in every step of her life.

Avni wasn't aware what actually happened to their mother. But, it wasn't her part to ask and bother her lil fireball with unnecessary questions.

The fireball might explode and cause a severe damage, she thought and chuckled making neil look at her amusedly.

Neil was feeling an unusual warmth and calm hearing her laugh. This is weird he thought. No neil, she's just a babysitter. Nothing more.

That night avni was leaving thinking he don't even notice her and she was sure that he didn't even knew her name.

But to her surprise, when she called out him as she was leaving " I am leaving. Siya slept, had food too "

" Okay! " said neil.

" Okay, good night " avni packed her stuff in and headed out.

But turned around hearing someone calling her name.
It was neil.
What does he want?

" Uh, Your name? " he asked

" Wh-what? " avni couldn't believe this. A moment before she was pondering if he know her name. And here he was, asking her name.
Is this a dream, she thought.

She blinked several times to get that silhouette out of her head but no, he isn't moving.

Clearing his throat " Your name? " he asked a bit loud this time making her snap out of dreams and pay attention.

" Avni " said avni and looked up to see he was gone.

He was embarrassed.

Woah, there's at least something that proves he actually belongs to Homo Sapiens.

Heya, guys

This is for you @amiable_reader
Thanks for all the lovely comments and motivation.

Neil is a bit hard to handle. What do you think of Siya?

If you were in avni's place what would you do?

That's it for today.

Sayonara

Seneca