14|Let us go, your highness?

NOT PROOFREAD

"He set fire to the world around him but, never let a flame touch her!"

Avni was so excited to start the campaign as soon as she could. She adores dogs, more than anything in this world. And, participating in this campaign to try and save the lil pups and the most loyal creatures in the whole universe would mean so much to her.

And, surprisingly avni and neil were in the first group, followed by Dd and sunehri in the second and Ali and some other boy from their class was the third. 

Avni was about to go and accompany neil to continue their work when she heard a very familiar voice scream her name and tackle her.

"Avniii, i missed you so much ya!" Ria said hugging her for life.

"C-can't B-breathe!" avni managed to utter.

Ria pulled away sheepishly and glanced at avni longingly. Avni felt very guilty for avoiding ria because of the ongoings. The first week, she was at her grandma's house and the second week when she came back, avni was with sunehri. Not that avni had this intention of ignoring her, it happened. But, she's gonna make it up to ria, no matter what.

"I miss you too, ria. And, i am really so sorry!" avni said guiltily.

"Aye, no formalities, love. I totally understand. But, we are gonna have our quality time this weekend, okay? Then you can fill me in all the details about everything i had missed." Ria winked 

"Sure thing." avni smiled gratefully at her.

"Ab, Chalo i am gonna go search for my dumbhead of a partner. Let's hope he did not get lost somewhere," she said and left in search of her partner.

Avni smiled at her back and thanked God for giving her such an understanding and a beautiful person as someone she could call as her own. 

As she was pondering about how lucky she has been for finding such amazing friends. Of course, there will be fights, once in a while. But, talking and clearing out because their relationship is more important than anything is all that matters.

She felt a hand tap her shoulder, shaking out from her reverie. Turning around she has his face that made her grin instantly, like a kid who got her favorite candy.

Neil immediately frowned at her making her grin more. Having this enough, he scowled and said "Stop grinning like an idiot and come. Let's work!" 

Avni pouted and was about to give a fit when she heard him speak again. "Don't start with the melodrama, please. Let us go, your highness?"

Avni smiled secretly but nodded in a big no and signaled for him to add something else to the before statement. 

"What! Sorry and me? No way in hell. If you want, come. or else.." he left in between walking away groaning at Avni's antics.

Yes, a lot had been changed since sunehri came. Surprisingly, neil had become a little bit comfortable to avni and vice versa. It's a known fact that avni Ayesha is a lil brat, in a good way though. So, neil is pretty much got habituated to her antics. But, never thought she would portray them near him. But, she did. And, that tells that she is also comfortable with him as he is with her. 

But, neil always wonders who was the 'You know who'. He is attracted to avni, yes. But, then the secret girl has also a special part in his heart. After all, she is the one who had helped him at his ups and downs. And, for that, he would be eternally grateful to her. He even hoped that avni would be her secret girl. But, he knew that it was anything but the truth.