16| His brown eyes

NOT PROOFREAD

"They're not just brown eyes, they are his brown eyes."

It's been days since the accident happened. And, none blamed avni. Avni had been helping neil from the very moment. She had been his personal assistant; getting food, helping him to walk, yadda yadda. And, one more thing Sunehri and avni shifted to Neil's house along with Dd and Ali, just because when neil needs a person and what if they aren't any?

And now, she is bored. Neil had recovered sooner than expected because of the support he received. Since everyone are due with their assignments, they are caught in completing it. Whereas, avni bing avni had finished it very much earlier.

Avni sighed and glanced at the baby in front of her. Siya. She became Avni's world in a very lil time. And, the strange thing was, she didn't even have to make an effort for it. Afterall she is her lil fireball's sister.

Siya and avni had been playing from what seemed like hours. Avni smiled at siya, as she picked up a book and headed towards avni. Gave a big grin and hopped onto Avni's lap. Avni chuckled and started reading the book.

They were taking turns. Once, avni will be the one reading book. the next, it was siya; with her cute muffled voice.

Bless her soul, thought avni.

Avni was glancing all over the room when a particular photo frame came to her notice. It was Neav. The lil guy who had been studying in the boarding school. Who is very brave indeed. She remembered neil smiling brightly and said "Neav should be coming home in a month or two. His summer holidays are gonna begin soon. I cant wait to see him, all grown up." he said with tears glistening in his eyes.

Looking at neil, she saw a lil pain flashing through those raw brown eyes. She knew he had no choice to keep him at the boarding school. And, this was the one thing, he would regret his whole lifetime. Missing Neav's childhood. But, siya needed him, the more. So, practically he was tied. he had no other choice. 

And, she would help him, no matter what. They all are gonna be, here with him.

Avni didn't realize she was dozing off along with siya on her torso. Eventually, they both shifted into a deep slumber.

____

Writing assignment is tougher than one usually thinks. Finding the right answer for every question, understanding it and then scribbling it down, is something. Don't you think?

Neil groaned and lifted his head, after the two long hours of the hard work, he did it. He completed the assignment and that too without anyone's help. 

He took a deep breath and glanced sideways. He saw Dd and sunehri working on the assignment together. 

Keyword together. That itself means he is piling up various puns on sunehri making her blush like a beetroot.

And Ali, on either side. Who was busy more on his mobile rather on the assignment. He shook his head and smiled looking at the people now he calls family.

Wait a sec, there was a person missing. Where was she, he thought. 

Packing up his books silently, he gathered them and tried to shove it in his bag when a piece of paper fell down. Knowing very well what it is, he just smiled in contentment. 

As they had gone to college, he received two to three notes from his You know who! And, that motivated him a lot. 

First note -