7| Unveiling the past

NOT PROOFREAD 

AVNI'S POV 

Ali and Dd dropped me safely. But, until I reach the house, I am exhausted.

It's not my home, because I never felt the warmth you are used to when you are in your home. It's because I live alone. Everyone close to me left me. Let's say; I am destined to be alone. Or, it's what I think at least.

But, sometimes it feels good to hear someone reassuring you. It feels good to know, someone would have your back and no matter what, they wouldn't let anything happen to you. I guess it's something I would die yearning for. I don't think I would meet someone like that, in my life. To have your back and tell me everything will be all right

Y'all may be pondering over, what happened to the ' cheery Avni ' Don't worry! It's me, not my twin. But, I have feelings too. Yes, I am strong enough to overcome these petty things. But once in a while, it's like my life's a mess. I feel lost completely. And today was one of those days.

I don't know why getting in the water triggered the past I've tried to forget till this moment.

I am strong enough, and there's no doubt in that. But like every other person I've got this void within me too. I am just trying to fill it also.

Sooner or later, I will be successful.

Reaching home, I was tired. Mentally, physically.

I just dropped my bad in the lunger and sat in the corner hiding from my demons.

There, in the corner, I broke down.

I bawled for my dead parents, for my long last brother and for the incident that had happened two years earlier. The same year, Neil had gotten into juvie.

I still remember my Lil happy family. Back then, we were a typical happy family. Mom, dad, Ed - for Edward and I. They used to be my whole world. We used to have so much fun together. Every weekend, all words would be slide down, and we would go on a mini-adventure. The weekend was like a family time for us.

Ed and I used to have hockey and basketball matches every time. And, as usual, I would be the winner. Yes, the nerd is familiar with the sports. If it is possible, then, we used to go on a hike. ' Family hiking ' - is called.

But then everything came crumbling down eventually. But, honestly, I had one of the best childhood — every single time my team used to win- dad and me. But, Mom and ed used to be happy that their princess had won. Sappy! Ik. But that's my family for you.

But everything got shattered when my brother started behaving a bit distinct. No one knew the reason behind it. He used to ignore me and stayed the whole day in his room sulking or sleeping.

One day, I was determined to find out what's going on with him. But, by then, it was too late. Holidays were over. He needs to be back in his boarding school.

I still remember the last day I saw him. He came to me slowly like it was a dream, and I would disappear anytime. He took me in his arms gently and said, " Hey, Baby sis, do not waste your precious tears for me. I'll be back before you knew. Take care of yourself, vixen. I am going to miss you so much. But, please don't set the house on fire, kay? " he chuckled wiping his tears. Looked at me lovingly sometime and gave a bear hug for last time " I love you, Avni. Never forget that! " pecked my forehead and left.

I thought he would be back after his studies. But didn't know he left me forever.

But then, I try to be happy with my only family. But, that night, that night had to ruin everything.