15 | DNA doesn't make a family

NOT PROOFREAD

"She's batting things, her smile will never tell you about!"

A doctor arrived as soon as he could and examined Neil taking his time and said it was a small sprain, so he will be limping and his leg needs rest for a week or so. 

Avni stayed silent all along not even uttering a word and not even making eye contact with anyone. It's like something had triggered. She caused this. She was responsible for the state avni is in. She was.

And, she thanked God, it was only a sprain. She couldn't lose him too. Like, everyone said she might be a bad omen for the people around her. There's a possibility. 

Dd glanced at the silence in the room and looked at avni. he knew, her mind was running 200miles with stupid thoughts. And, he would take with her. But, right now, he should take care of Neil. 

"Nothing to worry. He will be fine in a blink of an eye. But, just see that no stress is applied to his leg. It might get worse." informed Doctor and prescribed some meds-painkillers for the pain. 

Thanking the lords avni left the room and headed to the living room where siya was playing. Glancing at her, she felt all her problems vanished. 

Siya looked at avni with her big brown eyes identical to someone she knew and fell in love with. Grinning at avni, siya climbed to her lap and started laying with the avni's locket as avni fled her mind to somewhere. 

After some time, she felt someone beside her. Glancing to the side, she saw Dd looking at her smiling as if nothing happened. She made siya sit on the carpet and let her continue her playing and turned to Dd. She immediately felt her eyes moisten and mumbled a soft "I am so sorry."

"What are you even talking about, avni?" he asked her. 

She managed to gulp and said, "Neil, he was in this state because of me." 

Dd smacked his head. "Are you crazy, avni? This is not your fault. Get this straight into your head."

"Bu-but--"

"No buts, avni." Dd sighed. He made her look at him and said "Look, nothing is because of you. You are one hell of a strong woman and i am proud of you, kay? It was that struck guy's fault. That bloody asshatt." He cursed out loud and immediately shut his mouth with his hand.

Avni giggled. "Oops, sorry!" Dd cringed.

"On a serious note" he started talking making avni look at him and said "It is not because of you. So stop blaming yourself for everything, okay? You are a strong one, sweetheart." he said and hugged her. 

Avni smiled and let him comfort for some time. Yes, she can handle stuff alone, on her own. But, sometimes it feels good to know that someone is here to take care of you. So that you are not alone.

"Chalo, enough of this. Someone is very eager to meet you!" Dd said and pulled away.

Avni frowned thinking who that might be?"Oh, my sweet lil angel, its Neil. Please leave the poor brain alone dor sometime."

She smiled and hugged him once again. He was there every single time when she broke down and she would be grateful to him for that. And even today when Neil's accident triggered her parents' death, Dd was there to relieve her from her own thoughts. 

Dd smiled silently and took her to Neil's room. When he slowly turned the knob and opened it, they saw Sunehri sitting on one side talking to Neil, grinning widely and Ali on the other side trying to get involved in the conversation.