Can't Sleep

Y/n POV

You stared up at the ceiling and tried to ignore the ticking of the clock as the minutes went by.

Last time you glanced at the clock on
The wall, it was nearing two in the morning. Usually, at this time of night, you'd be curled up in bed and wrapped in Billie's arms.

But tonight, you're wrapped in her
Hoodie and struggling to fall asleep. It wasn't that you weren't tired. You were exhausted. You had a long day and wore yourself out.

But you can't sleep. Every time you close your eyes, you flashback to the fight you and Billie had early. Both of you had long days, both of you were tired, and one small thing caused a huge disagreement.

Frustrated, you went up to bed and slammed the door shut and locked her out. She did the same in the guest room across the hall and you told yourself that you just needed the night apart and you'd be fine when the sun came up.

But it was silly of you to think you could get even a minute of sleep without her holding onto you. You hardly ever can. You only do it when you have no choice when she's on tour, but even then she sings you to sleep. It also made your heart hurt to know she was right across the hall and you weren't in her arms. The lonely and sad feeling was too familiar for you.

As stubborn as you can be, you happily pushed your pride aside. All that mattered to you was being in her arms and you'd say sorry a thousand times if it meant that you could feel the beat of her heart and the comfort only her arms can give you.

You padded out of bed and down the hall to the guest room she was in. You put your hand on the doorknob and turned it, surprised to find that it was unlocked

You tiptoed inside and over to the bed she was in. You thought she was asleep and moved to lay in her arms, only for her to chuckle.

"I was hoping you'd come here
sometime tonight."

You cracked a smile as she gazed into your eyes after turning on the lamp. She stroked your cheek and leaned in to kiss you.

"I can't sleep without you." You whispered. "And I'm sorry for storming off, for thinking I'd be okay when I won't be without you holding me. I'm sorry for everything I said."

"I'm sorry too." She whispered. "I love you so much. No more fighting.

Agreed?"

"Agreed."

"Okay. Now let me hold you."

"Happily." You said as you laid your head on her chest and let her wrap her arms around you. "We're okay, right?"

"We're okay, baby girl. We'll always be okay. I promise."

---