She's not mine anymore - II

""Love!" You got shocked when someone suddenly hugged you from behind but you relaxed when you smelled her perfume. It's Billie.

You're at their company building. It was your routine everyday. You will walk her home because her apartment was just a few blocks away from there. It's also your quality time because you would talk about everything and anything while walking. You could always tell her everything you want to say and she would always understand and listen to you. And you will do the same for her. She just understand you, more than anyone else ever would. She just gets you on a deep and emotional level. You both always have that bond between the two of you.

And maybe, that is one of the reasons why you cannot let her go. So you will still hold her hand, as long as she would let you. You smiled before you turned to her. You gently kissed her forehead before you asked her.

"How's your day?" She pouted before she leaned her head on your shoulder. You smiled, she looked so cute whenever she would do that.

-

"I'm so tired. Our professor never gave us a break!" She exclaimed and you chuckled. You get the books that she's holding, she mumbled thank you.

"Why it is needed for us to study scientific problems? I'm a culinary student! I will never be a freaking scientist!" She added and you laughed at her rants.

"Let it be. At least after we graduated, you will be able to do what you really love and you will never be a freaking scientist then." You said while removing the strands of her hair that was covering her face. You hold her hand and smiled.

"Let's go?" You asked her, and finally she smiled.

-

You are already at the school gate when she asked you.

"Did you received my texts?"
-

Oh you mean when you text me so early in the morning that we need to talk'? Yes, I did. But I will never tell you that because nothing good ever come out every time that sentence being said.

-

"Did you text me?" You looked at her and forced a smile. "I'm sorry. I didn't saw it. My phone is on airplane mode, I forgot to turn it off."

"Oh." She looked taken aback.

"What is it that you want to tell me? Is it important?" You quickly asked her with a lump in your throat. You can barely said those words out loud. She stopped from walking because of your question. She looked at you intently and saw how she looked so nervous.

"A-about that. U-uhm Y/N, I h-have to t-tell you s-something-"

"Oh Billie look!" Yiu cut whatever she was trying to say and point at the ice cream bus that was parked on the roadside.

You know. She would break up with you. You just knew it and you don't think you can take it right now.

You can feel the tears in your eyes and you're doing your best to stop it."Love! There's an ice cream bus! Come on! Let's eat ice cream! Milk ice cream is your favorite, yeah?" She hesitantly nodded and you dragged her at the ice cream bus. You told her to sit on a bench while you're buying the ice cream.

"Two m-milk ice c-cream please." Your voice is shaking. You really don't think you can handle this right now.

"Are you okay?" The man behind the counter suddenly asked you so you looked up at him.

"P-pardon?"

"You are crying. Are you okay?" The man asked further and that's when you realized that your cheeks are wet because of your tears. You just didn't realized it sooner because you're shaking. You're terrified. You're so afraid right now.

"I'm fine , something just went on my eye" I answered

-

After he gave me your orders, you paid him and quickly composed yourself.

Breathe Y/N, breathe.

Then, you took a deep breath.
and Greet her then smile, okay?

Smile Y/N, you can do this.

So you walked to Billie with a wide smile on your face and both of the ice cream was on your hands. She quickly stood up from her seat when she saw you. You gave her her ice cream with a smile. Then, you continued walking towards her apartment.

"Tell me something I didn't know." You asked her, for the hope that she will forgot and change the topic. You asked her that while walking hand in hand on your way to her apartment. It is actually your usual past time. A quick game of some sorts to give each other weird facts and trivia's.

"I don't love you anymore." She suddenly said and you can feel my heart shattering in your chest. It is breaking slowly and painfully pieces by pieces. And you can even almost hear it cracking inside of your chest. But you stayed strong, you held your tears back.

She took a quick glance at you. Probably expecting you to be shocked or angry. But instead, you just gave her a sad smile on your face and a sad glint in your eyes.

"Tell me something I didn't know." You repeated, holding her hand tighter this time.

-

15 votes and 25 comments for part 3