chapter 20

felix's pov
Hyunjin sat down next to me and snuggled into my side. I didn't know what to say so I just held him. I could tell he had zoned out since he was just staring at the wall ahead of us. I started to feel my stomach growl. "Do you want me to get you something from the cafeteria?" He looked up at me and nodded. "Alright, I'll be right back" I slid off the couch and walked out the door. I had no idea where the cafeteria actually was but I'm bound to find it eventually. It really didn't take to long to find the cafeteria. There were tons of different types of food there. Trying to be as quick as I could, I just went to the first place I saw. It turned out to have a bunch of different types of pizza. I ended up getting us two slices of plain pizza and a bag of chips. I arrived back to the room to see Hyunjin in the exact spot I had left him. He was still staring at the wall, I'm not even sure if he was blinking. He didn't even notice my presence until I sat next to him, food in hand. I set the two individually boxed slices of pizza and the bag of chips down on the table in front of us. I started eating but Hyunjin didn't seem to have mist interest in the food. I could tell he didn't want to eat but he also need to. "Come on, I know it's hard but you need a least eat a little" He kinda just looked at me. His eyes were red and puffy from crying. I opened the box his slice was in and picked it up. I held it to his mouth and he took a small bite. Not much happened after that. I just sat on the couch mindlessly watching the random tv show. Hyunjin would occasionally get up to sit next to his mom. It broke my heart to see Hyunjin having to go through this. All I could do was be there for him. It was just past ten o'clock and Hyunjin looked over at me and said "Thank you for being here but you don't have to stay. I think it's best I spend some time alone" I didn't want to leave him like this but it was for the best. I stood up and he followed. He wrapped his arms around me and placed a kiss in my forehead. I was a blushing mess. I hid my face in his chest so he could see that I was as red as a tomato. Soon after I left the room and called Chan to pick me up. I really didn't want to walk home even though it would only take a few minutes. "Hey, could you come pick me up from the hospital?" I said while standing outside of the large building. "Yeah of course. Are you alright?" I could hear the panic in his voice. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. I'm here with Hyunjin for his mom" Chan took a deep breath. I could tell he was relived for me but not Hyunjin. "Alright, I'm leaving now" In a matter of minutes, Chan pulled up in front of me. I hopped in the passengers seat and he looked at me with a worried expression. "So, how is Hyunjin and his mom?" Chan had broke the silence. "Not great honestly." I replied. I didn't want to tell Chan to much as this was for Hyunjin to talk about. Chan started the car and I blasted music the whole way home. We sang our hearts out, pretty much screaming at that point. We arrived at home and I was so tired that I passed out on the couch.