chapter 21

hyunjin's pov
Felix just left the hospital. I looked outside to see him getting in Chan's car. Seeing Felix leave was sad but I want to spend some time alone with my mom. I pulled the chair up close next to her bed and sat there. It started to rain a little bit gradually getting heavier and louder as the night went on. It was now around twelve in the morning. I couldn't fall asleep. All I could do was mindlessly stare at the tv and hold my mom's hand. There was a sudden ear piercing beeping that started happening. The doctors rushed in. "What's happening? Why is that beeping?" The nurse looked at me and said "That's her heart rate monitor" They started to do all these different things and all I could do was hold her hand through it. It broke my heart to hear "Time of death 12:24" They apologized for my loss and walked me out of the room. I guess they're didn't want me seeing her lifeless body. They had me sign all these different documents and kept profusely apologizing. At that point, I was so tired and not thinking straight, I just ran out of the hospital. Even though the rain was pouring down on me it didn't matter. I didn't even know where I was going my legs just kind of took me. I ended up at the same park from the first time I ran away the first time. I sat down on the bridge exactly where I had before. "Come on. Nothing left to live for. Jump in, it will end the pain. You won't be missed" The voices in my head started again. This time though I really considered it. The water just looked so peaceful. I could also be with my mom. I inched towards the edge but I just couldn't do it. "You're weak. You'll never be anything." The voices echoed through my head. Soaked head to toe I got up and started to walk home. On my way I randomly burst out crying. It's like everything hit me at once. Some how through all the tears and rain, I ended up on Felix's door step. I swear that boy is like a magnet and I'm metal. I knocked on the door.

Felix's pov
It must have around two in the morning when I woke up to knocking on the front door. It was a weird time for someone to be coming over so I was a little scared/confused. I got up and opened the door a little bit. To my surprise it Hyunjin. He was standing there soaked head to toe and sobbing. Instantly I opened the door and let him in. He looked at me and I just hugged him. I could feel him lean on me more and more until I was supporting his while body weight. With his head snuggled into the crook of my neck, I could hear his soft sobs. "Hey, do you want to get changed? You can borrow some clothes" He nodded. We walked to my room still holding hands. I grabbed him an oversized hoodie and some sweat pants. He went to the bathroom to get changed and I went back to the kitchen to get some water. Shortly after, he came out and joined me. I passed him a cup. Then we both sat dow on the couch. We tried our best to not create to much noise since Jeongin and Chan were asleep. Still not being fully awake, I started to doze off. I assume Hyunjin did the same because I could hear him softly snoring.