The Blades

Warning:Angst and implied smut--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What, I'm just saying it's a good plan!" Allura and Shiro sighed as the others rolled their eyes. "You only think that because you came up with it." Pidge said. Lance was taken aback by their words. It really stung him. Lance bit his lip till he tasted blood"Hunk, help me out here!" Hunk sighed and shook his head,"I'm sorry, Lance but their right. You wouldn't do very good in a stealth mission." Pidge laughed,"Do very good? More like completely fail, Lance and stealth do not mix." Lance wasn't gonna cry, it's happened before. "I'm a good shooter, I can do this." Shiro shook his head,"Sorry Lance, but even if you are a good shooter...you wouldn't contribute much." What? Shiro never degraded anyone and here he was saying that to Lance. "So I'm useless? That's what you're saying?" Allura shook her head and smiled sadly at Lance,"No, we just think that it would be better if someone else went, like Pidge." Pidge smirked and pushed her glasses up,"Now I like he sound of that." Lance bit his trembling lip and clenched his fists. "Right, of course. That's fine." He calmly walked away.

God, Lance was so ready for Keith to come visit. Keith was at the Blade of Marmora and whenever he came back to the Castle of the Lions, Lance was waiting there for him. Missing him. Keith comforted Lance when he was upset, but he would never tell Keith why. Instead, he just wanted to be with him on the bed, sitting together as Lance rested on his bed and Keith brushed his hair with his fingers. Lance loved it and he loved Keith. So much, because he defended him. He would tell the team to at least listen to Lance. Lance was so happy when he did that for the first time, and he didn't even tell Keith that was the reason why he was upset. Keith did it on his own free will.

 Lance and the rest of the team waited in front of the castle, waiting for Kolivan and Keith. When Keith stepped out and took off his mask, Lance beamed at him. Keith smiled back and waved shyly. At first they were rivals, yes. But after the bonding moment of Lance telling Keith everything (not the actual bonding moment) he felt closer to him and surprisingly apologized for how he treated Keith. Keith said he didn't have to, because he enjoyed the funny friendly-rivalry between them both. When they finally got their alone time, Lance talked to Keith about what happened before the mission earlier that day. Keith sighed,"I keep on telling them to at least listen to you and they do that. But they do it in the wrong way. I'm sorry, Lance." Lance shrugged,"I get it all the time, I'm just glad you're here." He paused for a moment and was deep in thought. "Keith, do you think I could just leave? Go? Leave? Disappear? And will they really care." Keith was silent, and Lance lost his courage,"Sorry, stupid idea. I'm sleepy." Keith nodded and left Lance alone in his room. For some reason, Lance didn't think twice. He got up the second Keith left his room and started packing. He checked the halls and they were empty, but he knew Pidge had cameras. He deleted the footage of him going to her room and sneaking past her bed. He turned off the cameras and went to an escape pod. He would leave Red for the next Red Paladin. Why?

Because he's gonna join the Blade of Marmora.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance flew to the Blades and destroyed his escape pod for good measure. He was met with Kolivan outside. "Red Paladin, where are the others?" Lance flinched,"They aren't here with me. I'm here alone. I want to ask you a favor." Kolivan raised his eyebrow,"What is it?" Lance took a deep breath and looked right into Kolivan's eyes,"I want to join the Blade of Marmora." Kolivan stared at him,"Are you sure?" He voice was usually blank, but he had a hint of surprise in his voice. Lance grit his teeth,"Yes, I want to join. I'm not needed at Voltron." Kolivan nodded,"Right, so they don't need a red paladin?" Lance rolled his eyes,"Okay, more like they don't want me there." Kolivan sighed and Lance looked at him hopefully,"Red Paladin, You must understand it is very hard here at the Blades, it was hard for the former Black Paladin to join and he's half Galra! Are you sure you are up to this." Lance nodded firmly, this was a chance in a lifetime!"How about this, you let me join the Blades but if I'm proven useless or unable you can get rid of me." Kolivan thought long and hard," How does the name Red suit you?"