Chapter 56

After breaking up the fight between Natsu and Gray, Wendy made plans for them to go into town and to try to find anything that could lead them to finding out anything about their pasts. It would seem that they were somehow linked to this person called Charles Nightshade so the plan was to learn something about him.

With the money her mother had given her, she and her friends were able to take a bus into town. First stop would be the local library. She hoped that they would at least have a book, article, or something about Charles Nightshade because if they didn't she didn't know what they would do. The four of them had to walk a little ways to get to the library which wasn't a problem however during the walk the group couldn't help but notice that they were getting stares from some people.

"Why are people staring at us?" Juvia whispered to Wendy. "Are we doing something wrong?"

"No. I don't think so." Wendy answered. She looked back at the people staring. They weren't looking at her friends like they were weird or anything. In fact the lot of them seemed to enjoy looking of them. "Oh...Don't worry it's nothing bad. They're only staring at you all because you're good looking people."

"Really?" Natsu said before grinning and winking at some young women who were giggling in a flirty manner. "I'm really starting to like being alive."

"Oh come off it." Lucy said with an eye roll.

"Jealous?"

"Gross. You wish."

"Admit it, you find me attractive."

"What?!"

"Don't think I can't read between the lines of your insults. I know you're really just teasing me with your sweet talk."

"Oh you want some sweet talk? Cause I'll give you some sweet talk!"

"Please don't start you two." Wendy said. "I've already had to break up one fight today."

"Yeah have a little civil behavior. We're not supposed to draw attention to ourselves." Gray said and suddenly felt very uncomfortable when he noticed some women staring at him as well. "Granted, it would seem that goal has become very difficult to achieve at the moment. What's wrong with these people? Don't they know it's not polite to stare? It's creepy."

"Don't get upset Gray." Wendy said. "They might act a little creepy by staring but that's all they'll do. Stare. Nothing else."

"What about that guy talking to Juvia over there?" Natsu asked.

"What? Where?" Gray asked.

Natsu pointed over to a young electrician who was taking a break from fixing a utility pole to talk to Juvia.

"So this pole connects all the phones here?" Juvia asked him.

"Phones, lighting, and cable." The electrician answered with a flirtatious smile.

"That's amazing. I've never seen anything like it."

"You haven't?"

"Nope."

"You from another country or some Amish place?"

"You could say that."

"Hey you wouldn't happen to be one of those European models, would ya?"

"No. No I'm not."

"That's too bad because you definitely look the part."

"Oh thank you."

"Hey sparky I think you have a job to finish." Gray interrupted before ushering Juvia back to the group.

"Goodbye. It was nice talking to you." Juvia said waving to the electrician. "Gray that was a little rude don't you think?"