Chapter 27

Halloween was coming up soon and Wendy was very excited. True she may have been too old for trick or treating but she still wanted to do something to celebrate the holiday. Lucky for her, her school was having a party. One where there would be dancing, costumes, and plenty of treats.

"I can't wait." Wendy told her friends.

"We can't wait either." Lucy told her.

"You guys celebrate Halloween?"

"Sure we do. It's one of our favorite holidays because it's the one day of the year where all ghosts and ghouls can be seen among the living."

"And since everyone is in costume on this day no one freaks out when they do see us." Natsu said.

"It's so nice to be acknowledge by people and not have them run away in fear." Juvia said. "We don't do much. We just go out, walk around, try to meet people-"

"Scare the locals." Gray added. "And believe me no one is better at scaring than me and Natsu."

"And this is the one day of the year when the girls don't get mad at us for scaring people." Natsu said. "Right ladies?"

"Yes because it's a part of the holiday but please don't go too far." Lucy said.

"Yes please remember the lot of them are children." Juvia said.

"You broads are no fun."

"Listen after school today my dad's taking me to pick out my costume. Do you guys wanna come?" Wendy asked. "We're going to an annual Halloween store that opens every year. They have the best costumes and decorations."

"Why not? It might be interesting to see how living society views us." Gray said.

"We'll follow your father when he leaves to pick you up." Juvia said.

"Great."

Wendy then grabbed her backpack and went to meet her father outside.

"It really stinks that we only get one day to be visible to everybody." Natsu said.

"True but maybe it's for the best." Lucy said. "If too many people knew about us it would probably lead to trouble."

"Let's just be happy that we at least get this day." Gray said.

"I wonder what Wendy will be doing for the occasion." Juvia said. "Probably something very fun."

"I wish we could've celebrated halloween the way people do it nowadays." Lucy said.

"How do you know none of us did?"

"Because we all died a hundred years ago and around the time we were children Halloween was considered a day to be feared not celebrated. We all probably all spent our Halloweens locked in our houses."

"Probably." Gray said.

...

After Wendy got in her father's car he drove her to school and dropped her off. She was running a little late so she rushed over to class. In her haste to get there she accidentally bumped into a boy who was around her age which led to her dropping all her stuff.

"Oh sorry." She said scrambling to pick up her things. "I'm such an idiot! I really should look where I'm going!"

"No it's okay. Accidents happen." The boy said. "Here let me help."

He bent down to pick up her books.

"Thank you but you don't have to. It's my fault." Wendy protested.