Chapter 9

The hallways of the school were filled with students going back and forth, here and there, everywhere. Poor Wendy felt like she had been swept away by a sea of people. At last she managed to make it to her locker but when she opened it up and went to get her books from her bag she gasped to find that Natsu was inside of her bag too.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him.

"Well right now I'm cramped between your science and math book." He said.

"Natsu I said you couldn't come to school with me."

"No you didn't. You said that you didn't think it would be a good idea."

"Don't twist my words, you know what I meant."

"I just wanted to see what the schools were like in this century."

"You're going to get me in trouble."

"No I'm not kid. Remember you're the only one who can see and hear me. I'm only here to observe, not cause trouble."

"I don't know I..." She trailed off when she noticed some kids looking at her strangely. From their point of view she was talking to her bag. "It's walkie-talkie! It's built into my backpack! It's new and...It's from Japan!"

They all gave her strange looks and walked away.

"Alright you can stay." She whispered back to Natsu. "But don't do anything except watch. Got it?"

"Got it kid!" Natsu said giving her a thumbs out.

With that said he flew out of her backpack and stuck to the ceiling so he could have a better view at everything. Wendy then quickly grabbed her English book, put the rest of her stuff in her locker, and went to her first class. By the time the bell rang she had sat down at her desk. 

"Good morning class." Her teacher said as she entered the room. She looked to be about the same age as Wendy's mother, a pretty young woman with long white hair. "I'm Miss Strauss and the reason I'm introducing myself is because we have a new student joining us today."

She picked up a sheet of paper off of her desk and read the name off of it.

"Please welcome Fernandes Wendy."

The entire class laughed at the mispronunciation. 

"Excuse me, Wendy Fernandes." She said. "Wendy why don't you come up and say hello to everyone?"

Wendy felt very shy and she didn't want to do this but in the end she found herself standing up from her desk and walking to the front of the class.

"Hi it's very nice to meet you all." Wendy said politely. 

"Hey the the good will called." One girl snicker from behind her. She looked to be a few years older than her and she had messy violet-pink hair. She kind of looked like one of those delinquent kids. "They want their outfit back."

"Cosmos shh!" Miss Strauss scolded.  "So Wendy why don't you tell us about yourself? Where are you from?" 

"Oh well...Here, there, everywhere. I've never really had a stable home." Wendy said.

"So you're like a homeless person?" The girl called Cosmos teased.

"Cosmos I told you to keep quiet." The teacher scolded. 

"Anyway." Wendy continued. "I live in a house that's a little ways from here. It's very old and on top of a hill."

"Are you talking about the one on Whitefern Hill?" Asked one girl with reddish pink pigtails.