Chapter 35

As she stood in the dark room with her classmates, Wendy couldn't help but feel a little anxious. She knew that Natsu's act was next and she knew that he tended to be a loose cannon so she hoped that he wouldn't go too far.

Like when Gray made his introduction, the candles were lit by an unseen force and they watched as the walls began to ooze with slime, spiders and other creepy bugs crawling in. The slime and creepy crawlies started to form into a line which then changed into a giant snake. The kids screamed when the snake hissed and the serpent took the form of Natsu.

The kids were scared but impressed. This was furthered when he grabbed a nearby lit candle and swallowed it whole, the result being that his entire body was set on fire. At first they expected him to scream in agony of something but instead he just laughed and danced around. As if he felt no pain at all.

Suddenly the floors opened up as ghoulish zombies and rotting corpses started to crawl up and out of the ground. They were all bloody, rotten, flesh eaten, and down right disgusting. The kids screamed at the sight of them and they all started to huddle up together. The undead was closing all around them and just when they were beginning to think that were about to be eaten alive by zombies, Natsu leapt over to the front, snuffed out the flames of his body, and shouted:

"You made it here without getting scared off. Now let's party!"

It became dark again but flashing lights were quickly lit. A zombie DJ and stereo rose up from the floors and crazy music began to play from the stereo while the other zombies began to dance. It wasn't long before all the kids were joining in. They didn't just dance they also helped themselves to the table that was set with food. The treats included pumpkin cookies, caramel apples, ghost cupcakes, mini bat sandwiches, spider buns, lizard chips, and slime punch. Wendy wasn't sure about letting Gray and Juvia handle the cooking but to her surprise they did a very good job.

"Mmm... These cupcakes are amazing." Wendy said with white frosting one her lips. "You actually made this Juvia?"

"Yes I did." She said.

"They're so delicious. What's in them?"

"Butter, eggs, flour, sugar, milk chocolate, marshmallow cream, and baking powder."

"Nice but you and Gray didn't put anything weird in the food did you? There aren't any bats and spiders in this stuff right? It's all just for looks?"

"Of course."

"Good." Wendy said taking a sip of punch.

"Except for the punch. I put some snakes, snails, puppy dog tails in that. I hope you don't mind."

Wendy spat out her drink.

"What?!"

"I'm kidding." Juvia giggled.

"Oh...Heh...Heh."

"So what do you think of everything else?" Gray asked.

"It's amazing. You guys were great and you didn't go overboard."

"I told you, you could trust me kid." Natsu said.

"Hey great party Wendy." Romeo said coming over to her at the snack table. "The special effects we're incredible. It was like they were actually real."

"Yeah like they were real." Wendy said nervously.

"And the costumes and tricks that the performers had were so realistic. By the way who are these guys?" He asked referring to her ghoulish friends.

"Oh...Um they're friends of my parents." Wendy lied.  "And they...They do horror themed events and shows for a living. Right guys?"

"Right!" They all nodded.