Chapter 8

Monday was Wendy's first day at her new school. She didn't like being the new girl because she had been the new girl so many times. However she told herself that she would have an open mind and a positive attitude about this. As soon as her alarm clock went off she got out of bed, dressed into the new clothes her mother had bought for her, and brushed her hair.

"What is that horrible noise?" Natsu said appearing in her room.

"What noise?" She asked.

"That horrible beeping noise I heard earlier."

"Oh that was my alarm clock." She said pointing to the clock on her nightstand.

"This machine is terrible! It woke me up!"

"Woke you up? You mean you sleep? But you're dead. I didn't think you would need to sleep."

"Ghosts don't but ghouls do because our artificial bodies need to...Let's say recharge."

"What exactly are your bodies made out of?"

"Technically a ghoul's body is made from suitable remains of their human body and whatever is lying around. For example mine was made from leftover human skin that my old body had and some graveyard soil with a few bits of garbage."

"Garbage?"

"They were running low on materials when they were making my body."

"Ah. How come I didn't wake anyone else up?"

"Because my room happens to be just above yours."

 "I'm sorry I woke you Natsu but I can't be late for school."

"You're going to school?"

"Yes. It's my first day. Have you ever been to school Natsu?"

"Probably but I don't remember."

"Oh right sorry."

"It's cool. Listen kid I've become really bored over the years and I'm eager to see what's new in the land of the living. Can I go with you?"

"I don't think that would be such a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Well it's my first day and I want to make a good impression on people and you seem like the kind of person who might cause a little trouble."

"Cause trouble? Me?" He said trying to look innocent. "I'm not that troublesome."

"I can think of a lot of people who beg to differ." Lucy said just entering the scene.

"What are you doing here?"

"I sensed you were about to do something stupid so I intervened."

"You just can't get off my back can you babe?"

"Don't call me that!"

"Hey what's with the group chat?" Gray asked as he and Juvia finally joined the group.

"Nothing except I just had the feeling that Natsu was about to do something reckless and crazy." Lucy said.

"I was not." He said. "I just wanted to go with Wendy to school."

"Okay that's a bad idea."

"Why not let him go?" Gray suggested. "He might actually learn something."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Natsu asked.

"To put it blankly it means that you're an idiot."

"I'm not an idiot!"

"I have eye witnesses who say otherwise."

"Why I oughta-"