Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Schemeful

"What do you think of this yellow dress, ate Chela?" I have to choose my outfit so well.

"It's simple yet classy."

My smile widened. "Then it's perfect!"

"Where are you going? Mukhang importante."

"It is."

"May date kayo ni Zeck?" She asked teasingly. I scoffed and started applying make up.

"Yeah, like that would happen."

She raised her eyebrows. "If so then who would you meet up with that is so important?"

I smiled. "My in laws. Scratch that. My future in laws."

"Zeck's parents are here? I thought they were in Italy? Nakauwi na pala sila."

"Actually, pauwi pa lang. Susunduin ko sila sa airport. What lipstick should I use? Red or pink?"

"Pink." She answered.

"I thought so, too."

"Ipapakilala ka na ni Zeck sa parents niya?" She looks excited.

I shook my head. "Nope."

"Then how?"

"I introduced myself." I answered nonchalantly. "And not only that, I'm gonna have dinner with them, too."

"You invited yourself, I assume."

"Yup!"

"Nasabi nab a ni Zeck sa kanila na engaged na kayo?" I shook my head. "Sinabi mo?" I smiled and nodded. She groaned and scratched her forehead. "Missy... hindi kaya lalong magalit si Zeck dahil pinangunahan mo siya? Maybe you should've talked to him first before telling his parents about your engagement."

I stopped applying mascara. "You think he'll be super angry?"

She grimaced. "I think so."

I grinned. "Then good."

I shrieked when someone suddenly pulled me and brought me to a dark room. "Zeck, what the hell?!"

"I must give it to you: you work damn fast."

"Thanks."

He scoffed. "You're really good at deceiving people, aren't you? My parents are both very sharp but you were able to convince them with your lies. Kudos to you." I feigned innocence.

"I just told them the truth. We're already engaged, aren't we? Too bad, you failed to inform them about it." Tito and tita were quite upset that Zeck didn't tell them about our engagement. Hindi siya nakahuma habang pinagsasabihan siya ng parents niya. Though, he kept on glaring at me.

"What about the part where I am so madly in love with you and that I can't wait to marry you?"

I chuckled. "Oh that."

"Yes, that." He said emphatically.

"Baby, everyone loves a fairytale story with happy ever after." I caressed his face but he swatted my hand away. I smiled, masking my pain. "I just told them what they wanted to hear."

"Which are lies?"

It may be a lie for now, but not for long. I know you'll inevitably fall in love with me soon. Therefore, I say that's not lying, Zeck."

"Then what do you call it?"

"It's called predicting."

He leaned closer and I had to pretend that I wasn't the least bit affected by our close proximity so I stood my ground and even tilted my chin up. "You wanna know what I call that? Illusion."