Chapter 2

Chapter 2: How far are you willing to go for him?

"For Pete's sake, Missy! Stop crying!" Said Xie-xie. How can I stop crying when I'm about to lose the love of my life! With that painful thought, I cried even harder.

Ate Chela sat beside me and wrapped her arms around me. I turned and hugged her back. I cried my heart out in her arms.

"She's hurting, Xie-xie." Tam said.

"I know. But she has got to stop. Her eyes are already swollen. Ilang araw na rin siyang nagmomongha dito sa room niya."

"He's getting married." I said, crying.

"I know." She held my hands. "We can't do anything about it. If we could just give him to you, then we would."

"I know-" I suddenly stopped. May biglang pumasok sa utak ko. Napaupo ako ng maayos. "You guys can."

Their foreheads creased. "How?"

"Let's try Tam's idea."

"Tam's idea?" Tanong ni ate Chela. While Tam and Xie-xie are gaping at me like I've lost my mind.

"Absolutely not!" Xie-xie blurted out.

"You said it was a good idea!"

She shook her head. "I was just kidding! Only desperate people do that, Missy! Desperate and pathetic. And you are neither."

I raised my chin defiantly. "What if I am?"

Xie-xie was stunned. "What are you guys, talking about?" Confused na tanong ni ate Chela.

Tam grimaced. "Well, I suggested jokingly na pikutin na lang niya si Zeck. I repeat, jokingly. Meaning I wasn't serious when I suggested that."

"What!?"

Lalong napangiwi si Tamara. "It was a joke. I didn't think she'd take it seriously."

Bumaling sa kin si ate Chela. "Please tell me you're not seriously considering it." I looked away. "Oh my God..."

"Don't be stupid, Missy!"

"I am desperate, Dixie! I love him so much. I cannot l-lose him."

"He's not yours. So technically, you cannot lose something or someone who isn't yours to begin with." I stiffened. That hurt. My tears started falling. I know he's not mine. Pero masakit pa rin marinig. The pain is killing me. She groaned. "I didn't mean to be harsh. Look, you're smart, beautiful, and sexy. Not to mention, rich. You're all that. You will someone who deserves your heart. Zeck is not the only man in the world. There's a long line of guys waiting for your attention."

"I only want Zeck." Giit ko.

Pumalatak si Xie-xie at tumanaw sa labas.

"Missy, tama siya. Hindi lang si Zeck ang lalaki sa mundo. Maraming mas higit pa sa kanya." Said Tam. "Try to open your heart for someone else."

"Hindi ko kailangan ng lalaking higit pa sa kanya."

"Maybe he's not the one for you." Ate Chela said softly.

"How can we be sure? Paano siya magiging sa kin if I won't do anything? I have to fight for him."

"By what? By fighting dirty?" Xie xie said sarcastically.

"If I have to."

"Damn it, Missy!"

"You don't understand me. All of you don't get me! You have no idea how much pain I am. You don't know because you're all happy and contented with your partners. You guys, are luck because you end up with the love of your lives without having to fight for them."