Chapter 32

Chapter 32: My Spanish husband

Xie-xie and Maki left to give Zeck and I some privacy. I almost begged them not to leave me alone because I was so freakin' nervous. I was badly on pins and needles. When I called Zeck and asked him if we could talk, he agreed right away. 

"We'll be out for 5 hours perhaps? I have photo shoots today din," Xie-xie said.

I started wringing my fingers. "C-can't you stay a little bit more? I mean, I don't think I can do this alone."

She looked at Maki then she sighed and held my shoulders. "You can do this, Missy. You're stronger than this. You're one tough lady. Remember, you were able to get Zeck?" she said with a teasing smile meant as a joke.

Ngumiti ako ng may tunog kahit sobra pa rin ang kaba na narararamdaman ko. "I don't know where this talk will lead to. I'm scared that I might not make the right decision," I admitted.

Dixie became serious then hugged me. "If you think listening to your heart will only lead you to pain, then follow where your happiness is," she muttered.

Nangilid ang mga luha ko. "Why didn't you follow yours?" I was talking about her ex boy friend. Jeck Cervantes. 

She smiled but I saw sadness in her eyes. "Because following my happiness would break him completely." Then she sighed. "Your situation and mine aren't the same, Missy. Zeck loves you. All you need to do is trust him."

"Walang ipinagkaiba ang sa atin, Xie-xie. Kuya Jeck loves you."

She shook her head gently. "Meron, Missy. We love each other, yes. But we're too broken to be together. While you and Zeck? I have a feeling that everything is just a misunderstanding. You can still catch your happiness, my dear. Don't let it slip away."

Umiiyak na yumakap ako sa kanya. Maki joked about us being too emo. We ended up laughing. They wished me good luck before they went out. After a few minutes ay may nag-buzz na. Tumahip ang dibdib ko ng malakas. I knew it was him. 

Halos hindi na ako makahinga sa kaba at tensiyon. I inhaled and exhaled several times before I opened the door. I gasped secretly when I saw him. God. I wanted to hug and kiss him so bad. I missed. Every fiber in my body was screaming for me to be with him. I balled my fist as an attempt to hold on to my self control. It wasn't freakin' easy. 

His eyes scream longing for me. Umiwas ako ng tingin dahil hindi ko kayang tagalang makipagtitigan sa mga mata niya na may halong pagsusumamo.  He cleared his throat then handed the bouquet of red roses and some paper bags to me. Bumaba ang tingin ko sa mga iyon.

"Please take them," he muttered above whisper.

I didn't have the heart to turn him down so I accepted them even if my brain was telling me not to. "C-come in."

Tumabi ako para makapasok siya. He stepped inside but stopped in front of me. I looked at him questioningly. His eyes were showing a lot of emotions that I didn't wanna read so I turned my back and let him close the door. Pero hindi pa ako nakakalayo ay niyakap niyakap na niya ako buhat sa likod. My eyes widened. My body froze. He buried his face in my hair and breathed my scent in then kissed me. 

"God. I missed you, baby. Thank you for giving me this chance to explain my side," he whispered in my ear. "I love you, baby."

Nagkandaloko-loko na ang tibok ng puso ko. "Z-Zeck, p-please let's talk f-first."