Chapter 15

Chapter 15: A glimpse of the old Zeck

I was about to leave when I saw Zeck sleeping in the hammock. He looks so angelic. So angelic that I couldn't help but stare at him. I reached out to touch his smooth face. Ingat na ingat ako dahil ayokong magising ko siya ng di sinasadya.

"Even if you hate me, I still love you." I murmured. "How I wish you'd learn to love me, too."

My gaze went down to his red lips. One kiss won't hurt, right? I just want to taste his lips again. Just one. I promise. Gosh! I am so pathetic. But I badly want to kiss him. He's your husband, Missy. You have every right to kiss him.

I took a deep breath. Just one kiss. Slowly I leaned down and pressed my lips against his. This feels so damned right... When I opened my eyes, a pair of grey eyes greeted me.

Bigla akong napaayos ng tayo. Ang mukha ko ay nag-init ng husto. "I... I t-thought you w-were s-sleeping..."

Unti-unti siyang bumangon at umayos ng upo sa hammock. "Is that why you took advantage of me?" He asked nonchalantly.

My face heats up. "I did not take advantage of you!"

"Really? Then what do you call that?"

"I did not, okay? I just... I... I tripped! Yeah! That's it! I tripped!" I almost hit my head on the wall. What a lame excuse!

Tumaas ang sulok ng labi niya. "Yeah, sure."

"I'm telling the truth! It was an accident!"

He shrugged his shoulders. "If you say so."

I stomped my foot in frustration. "I hate you!"

He stood up and crossed his arms. "But you still love me, right? I mean even if I hate you."

"I so do no-" My eyes widened suddenly. "Y-you heard!?"

He smirked and nodded. "Yeah."

"B-but you were sleeping..."

"Apparently, I wasn't."

I groaned. "Oh crap..."

"Next time, if you want to take advantage of me, make sure I'm really sleeping."

"Ugh! Jerk!"

"Unfortunately, you're so in love with this jerk." He said then turned his back to leave.

Nag-iinit ang sulok ng mga mata ko na impit na lang akong tumili sa inis at pagkapahiya.

"Missy, sumama ka na sa amin. Birthday ko naman, girl." Pamimilit ni Berna. She's one of my friends in school.

"I can't." Even if I am royally pissed with Zeck, I still want to prepare dinner for him.

"Alam naman namin na super addicting ang hubby mo. Gets namin yon. Pero bakla naman! Madalang lang to kaya sumama ka na. Please."

Natawa ako sa sinabi ni Tere. "Girls, I really can't."

"Girl, birthday ko. Pagbigyan mo na ko. Yung papable mong asawa, makikita mo pa rin naman siya pag-uwi mo."

"Siguro naman kahit ngayon lang, papabayaan ka ng asawa mo na sumama sa amin."

Actually, he doesn't care. I sighed. "Sige. Where?"

"Yes! Sa bahay namin. It's just a small party. My parents are out of town kaya solo natin ang bahay."

Little did I know that her concept of a small party was pretty much different from mine. I think half of the students' population of our school were invited!