Chapter 45

Chapter 45: Everything is a choice

It only took me three days away from my husband and daughter to realize that my love for them was stronger than whatever shit I was going through. I missed them so much that I couldn't stand another day without them so I packed my stuff and told ate Chela that I was ready to go back.

Sinamahan niya ako sa rancho ng lola ko kasama ang bunso nila ni kuya. Alam ko na hindi madali sa kanila ni kuya na mahiwalay sa isa't-isa kaso ay ayaw naman nila akong payagan na umalis mag-isa. She knew I needed someone by my side. I could say that going away helped me a lot. Pati ang mga payo nina lola at ate.

"Ate, do you think he's still mad at me?" I asked quite nervous.

Iniyakan ko ang naging huling pag-uusap namin ni Zeck. But I knew I couldn't stay without totally ruining our marriage. I had to calm my emotions.

Ate Chela held my hand and squeezed it gently. "Zeck loves you, Missy."

I bit my lower lip. "But he was so mad last time."

"He's probably gotten over it. I also think that he'll understand why you had to do that once you told him the reason."

Huminga ako ng malalim at ngumiti. Kinakabahan pa rin ako. Dumoble iyon ng huminto ang sasakyan sa tapat ng bahay namin. I was about to get out of the car when Zeck went out of the house carrying our baby. Nilukob ako ng saya ng makita sila.

"Zeck, wait up!"

Nabaling ang tingin ko sa babaeng kasunod nilang lumabas ng bahay. It was Daphney. Nakangiting lumapit siya sa mag-ama ko at kinuha si baby Empress kay Zeck. The latter opened the passenger door for her. I felt so suffocated. Napalunok ako.

"Missy." Hinawakan ni ate Chela ang balikat ko. "Go to them. Huwag ka munang mag-isip ng kung ano."

Namuo ang luha sa mga mata ko. I shook my head. "Let's follow them."

Bumakas ang pag-tutol sa mukha ni ate Chela. "I don't think it's a good idea."

"Please, ate."

She sighed and told the driver to do as I said. Sa isang mall sila nagpunta. Sinundan namin sila hanggang pumasok sila sa isang baby store. Karga ni Daphney ang anak ko. Hindi ko maiwasang maiyak. They looked like a happy family. I was only gone for three days! Three freakin' days! Well, it was crystal clear that he didn't waste any time in replacing me in his life.

"Missy, why don't we go home and rest? You're tired. You need that."

I shook my head. She was about to convince me more but her phone rang. It was kuya. Lumayo siya sa akin para sagutin ang tawag ni kuya. Habang ako ay parang tanga na nakasunod pa rin ang tingin sa mag-ama ko at kay Daphney.

"Oh. Look, what we have here," said someone.

Nilingon ko ang nag-salita. It was Ella. Sinundan niya ang tinitingnan ko. Then she smirked. Pipis na rin ang tiyan niya. The last time I saw her was at the hospital. She crossed her arms, looking so happy at what she was seeing.

"What are you doing here?" mariing tanong ko.

"Isn't that your husband and baby? But wait, who's the other girl? Oh, I see. The new woman in his life, I guess?" Nakangising bumaling siya sa akin. "I knew it. You two wouldn't last. He may not have ended up with me. But then, at least, he didn't end up with you either."

"God. You clearly haven't moved on yet. You are pathetic."

She laughed sarcastically. "Pathetic? Me or you?" she said as she glanced at Zeck and Daphney. "Your husband has obviously found someone else. Kawawa ka naman. Napalitan ka na niya sa buhay niya at mukhang pati sa buhay ng anak mo."