Chapter 34

Chapter 34: Second Chance

After staying in their mansion in Spain, we went to Paris. We visited the tourist spots there. We had so much fun. He asked where I wanted to go next but I told him that I wanted to go back home. He agreed with a bit of hesitation though. We didn't tell anyone about our arrival. Well, except for Inaki. Siya ang sumundo sa amin sa airport at naghatid sa bahay.

"Bro, thank you," Zeck said.

"No problem, man. When will you perform with us again? The fans are looking for you," Inaki said.

"I don't know yet."

My forehead creased. Why did he say that he didn't know yet? Wala pa ba siyang plano na bumalik sa grupo niya? I knew how much he loves his career. I would talk to him once we got home. Inaki didn't stay long. Pagka-hatid sa amin ay umalis din siya agad dahil may lakad pa daw siya.

"Baby," tawag ko sa kanya habang ipinagluluto niya ako. Nakauwi na kasi si Anna at ayaw naman niya akong magkikilos dahil baka mapagaod daw ako. 

"Yeah?"

"Aren't you going back to performing yet?"

Hindi siya agad nakasagot. Napansin ko na para rin siyang natigilan. Then he shrugged his shoulders. He tried changing the topic but I was quite adamant to know his reasons. 

He sighed. "I don't know yet, baby. I'm thinking of quitting."

I gasped. "What! Wait, why would you quit?" Napatayo na ako at lumapit sa kanya. "Why? I know how much you love playing your music!"

He scratched his forehead then faced me with a small smile on his lips. "Baby, I just think it's the best thing to do right now."

"Because I'm pregnant?"

"Yes. Plus, we just got back together. I wanna make it up to you and I won't be able to do that if I'm too busy with our gigs, guesting, and tours," he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I stomped my foot. "Baby, you don't have to quit! We're okay naman, diba? Ella is out of the picture, so we have no problem anymore. Besides, I love you and I know that you feel the same way," I said, touching his cheek.

"Kahit na. I want to spend more time with you." 

Naglalambing na niyakap pa niya ako ng mahigpit saka dinampian ng halik sa noo. I wanted to spend more time with him, as well. But I couldn't let him sacrifice his other happiness which is music.

"You can make it up to me without having to sacrifice your music. It's your passion, baby."

"But you and our baby are all that matter to me now. I don't care about anything else."

"I'd feel super guilty if you quit. Baby, think about your fans. They love you. They're waiting for you to come back. Please don't quit."

He sighed. "But, baby, I-"

"Please don't quit. Please, baby?"

He sighed then nodded.

We were cuddling on the couch when kuya suddenly showed up. I was about to run and give him a hug when I noticed his expression. He looked mad. Napatili na lang ako ng bigla niyang sinuntok si Zeck. Napaatras ang asawa ko sa lakas ng suntok na ibinigay ni kuya sa kanya.

"I told you to stay away from my sister, you bastard!" hiyaw ni kuya sa galit.

Mabilis akong gumitna ng akmang susugurin niyang muli ang asawa ko na tila walang balak na lumaban. I was so scared. Kuya was fuming mad.