Chapter10

Chapter 10: Waiting in pain

He's coming. I know he'll show up. He said he would. He said he would come and have dinner with me. He's just late. Maybe he got stuck in traffic. Yes! That could be it.

"Ma'am?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like us to serve the food now?"

I forced a smile and shook my head. That was the third time they asked me that. "I'll wait for my fiance. He'll come. He just got stuck in the traffic."

The waiter nodded. I can see sympathy in his eyes and I hate it. I don't need their sympathy because I know Zeck will come. I checked the time. It says 9:30 in the evening. I've been waiting for two and a half hours already.

Don't give up, Missy. He will show up, you'll see.

When the clock strikes 10, my eyes are already welling up. I've tried calling him but he wouldn't answer my calls. My mind is telling me to stand up and walk out of this restaurant because he's not coming. However, my heary is telling me to wait some more and trust that he will keep his word.

I waited for an hour more "Ma'am, should I serve the food now?"

Tipid akong ngumiti at umiling. "Sa inyo na lang. M-my fiance is not coming." It took me four hours before I finally accepted the fact that he wasn't coming.

I got in my car and let my tears fall. "You're so stupid, Missy. Ang tanga-tanga mo!" Sumubsob ako sa manibela at iniiyak ang sama ng loob ko. "I'm so stupid! Stupid. Stpuid."

I have to see him now and demand an explanation! I started my car and drove to his place. I didn't use the buzzer anymore because I know his password. Tuloy-tuloy ako sa pagpasok. I went upstairs and opened the door of his room without knocking.

I thought nothing could hurt me more than being stood up at the restaurant by the person I love so much. But I was wrong. It felt like I was punched in the chest, like air was knocked out of me. This one cuts me too deep. This one squeezes my heart painfully the most. My tears started to ooze out of my eyes.

What could hurt more than to see the love of your life cheating on you?  There he is in his bed making out with a half naked bitch. So the whole time I was stupidly waiting for him in the restaurant, he was screwing some slut. This is why he stood me up! This is what he made a fool out me for! Suddenly, I felt anger surge through me.

You messed with the wrong girl, bitch! I wiped my tears and advanced towards them. With all the force I could muster, I pulled her hair which made her fall on the floor screaming. "You whore!"

"Missy!"

She was screaming for help. "Let me go! Aww!"

Iwinagwag ko ang buhok niya habang sinisipa ko siya. "Does that hurt!? Does it!?" I yelled.

All of a sudden, I was lifted off of the floor. But I held on the the girl's hair. "Let her go, Missy! Stop it! Let go!"

"Malandi kang babae ka!?" I slapped her face with one hand while the other was still pulling her hair. Dahil siguro sa matinding galit kaya di ako maawat-awat ni Zeck.

"Enough please! Aww!"

"Anong tama na!? That's not even half of the pain I'm feeling right now! You're nothing but a dirty, slutty whore!"

"Missy, for Pete's sake! Let her go! I said enough! Dammit!" That made me stop and cry. I pushed the girl away. Umiiyak na tumakbo palabas ang babae.