Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Love and war

I pouted when he once again snubbed me. I breathed out harshly. Seriously, what is his problem? I've already explained the picture that he saw in my IG. It was a picture of me and my friends when we went to the mall. What pissed him off was the fact that Red had his arm around my shoulders.

I told him it was just a friendly gesture. But it did not pacify him. He told me to avoid Red. I wanted to reason with him but I knew it was not the right time to push it.

"Did your husband just snub you?" Vash said, half laughing. He sat across me.

I pursed my lips. "I'm glad you find it amusing."

Lalo lang niya akong tinawanan. "What did you do anyway? Right after our gig, he left. Eto pa, while we were in Cebu,he was always busy talking with you on the phone."

"Really? Ako lang ang tinatawagan niya while he was in Cebu?"

He nodded. That brought a smile to my face. Of course, kinilig ako. I looked at my husband who was talking to Shin. Nasa Sweet Refuge kami. Actually, I just went here when Tam called to tell me that my husband is here with the guys. Kanina kasi he ignored me when I asked where he was off to.

Zeck caught me looking at him. Inirapan lang niya ako ulit. But this time, I smiled. Nangalumbaba ako sa mesa at lantaran ng tumitig sa kanya. His forehead creased.

Vash shook his head while clacking his tongue. "Sabi sa'yo wag kang masyadong magdidi-dikit kay Tam eh. Kita mo, nahawa ka na sa kanya."

"Bakit nadamay ako?" tanong ni Tam na lumapit at nakiupo na rin. She sighed dreamily as she stared at Shin. "Why oh why? Super handsome talaga ng honey ko."

"Oh God. You two are hopeless. Here, tissue."

I raised my brows in confusion. "What would I do with that?"

"Pampunas ng laway. You two are drooling," he said shaking his head. "I should leave before I catch that disgusting disease," he added while walking away.

Tam stuck out her tongue. "Bitter Ocampo ka lang!" Then she went back to drooling at Shin who seemed oblivious of that.

Napangiti na lang ako ng tunog. But I panicked when my husband stood up.

"Baby, where are you going?"

He just glanced at me before he went out. Napanguso ako. He did not even answer. Kainis! I made a face.

"Why don't you stalk him?" Tamara suggested.

"Excuse me, I won't ever resort to that. Bibigay din siya. Nag-papakipot lang yon."

I tried looking for him at the basketball court, but he wasn't there. When I realized that I was practically doing what Tamara suggested, I almost smacked myself. Gosh. What the hell was I doing?

I went home but when I got bored, I went out again to visit my brother and his family. Nakasalubong ko pa sina DJ, Callem, at Inaki. I frowned. Where the eff is my husband?

"Hey, Missy," bati ni DJ.

I smiled. "Hey. Hindi niyo kasama si... Zeck?"

"He's at Nate's house. Papunta nga kami doon."

I almost asked if I could come, too. Good thing, I was able to hold myself back. I should really stop my foolishness. Stop being so addicted to your snob of a husband, Missy!