"a scarred love" yami x william

@ThesoulofMahito I hope you like it I tried my best.

Trigger warning: angst, racism, internalized homophobia, fluff, lots of tangents, very OOC yami 
Alternative universe: none
Background info :
message if anyone is suffering im always open to message if you want to talk to anyone 
"Word" = out loud speech
'word' = characters thought
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd person

In yami's home country there is a saying "love is like a rose. It looks beautiful on the outside but there is always pain hidden somewhere" and yet yami had never understood those words he always thought that he should ask the prickly princess what it meant.

That was till he met him, captain of the golden dawn, William vangence. He understood what the saying meant to him the beauty of love is that rush of his heart when they would talk to him, the admiration he can't help but feel when they fight by his side and just the way his blood rushes when they call yami's name.

The pain was all the way he felt completely inadequate in comparison, for example, William was elegant in everything yami knew he was a marching gorilla or how they both had too strong magic William's inspired hope, yami's inspired fear and distrust. It was even obvious in how the other captains treated them fuegoleon and nozel respected William as another equal but yami was nothing but foreign trash to them. Even char who he thought of as a friend displayed sighs of hating him like how she would go red with anger when he talked to her or just how she ran away from him.

But yami put on his act and played his role as the laid back captain who wasn't offended by nozel constant jabs at his heritage.  Yet there was one thing yami was glad he did one thing that made him happy and not like the waste of oxygen that was the formation of his squad.

They were his closest friend, no they were the closest thing yami had to children and watch each of them grow only made yami feel more like a proud dad but there were times where they pushed him to his absolute limit. like how since they found out that he liked the captain of the golden dawn and have done the thing most annoying children do to a single parent who has a crush, obviously try and set them up, multiple times. 

For example, when Vanessa had somehow arranged a captain drinking party yet she mysteriously forgot to invite everyone except him and vengeance thou yami fell in love with vengeance's laugh when he was a bit tipsy. then there was finrals attempt which as you can guess was a mixer but then surprisingly two of the girls cancelled last minute so yami and William spent the night chatting while yami learned that Williams's eyes were the most beautiful shade of purple. Thou yami loved his squad's attempts he knew there was no possibility of a relationship after all it was improper for a man to have a relationship with another man, especially between captains, well it was yami homeland. 

so yami a man who was always an outcast in his homeland because of it, called all sorts of names because he liked boys and threatened by other children because of his difference from the others even his parents had never looked at him the same after. so when yami had washed ashore to the clover kingdom a foreigner who could barely understand the language, couldn't write to save his life, had not a single penny to his name he decided to hide that side of him so those who mocked him had one less thing to attack him with. yet yami ended cursed with dark magic leading to more discrimination and hate that he just pretended not to hear. 

but luckily back then fate was nice enough to deal yami his salvation in the form of Julius. julluis was a strange man , who yami refused to believe was allowed to have any power, yet a kind man who didn't care that yami had dark magic instead saying it was "unique" and "amazing". who he yami asked why he was willing to help teach a foreigner who didn't have much money, Julius simply said, "there is no difference between the blood that runs through my veins and yours so should there be a difference between how I treat you because I would have helped you had you been a clover citizen, a refugee from spade or just a boy who crashed on shores because its the duty of a magic knight to help all people equally".  yet these words that came from this strange man so easily but radiated such conviction that they struck a chord in yami's soul and had become engrained in his heart.