"my muse" rill X asta

Trigger warning: hurt and comfort
Alternative universe modern au with there magic still
Background info rill and asta have been dating for ages but rill is a person who needs lots support and that's where Asta comes in on after a week long business trip
FUN FACT I'm shit at art
"Word" = outloud speech
'word' = characters thought
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asta pov

"Hey rill Im back" I shout as I got thorough the door of the house lugging all the bags in. 'that was a long week but at least I'm home'. "Huh no response guess he is in his study" I thought aloud as I placed the bags down and shut the door. Then I put my shoes in the shoe rack and head for the stairs.

As I reach the stairs I look up to be met by the door at the top which is a big black Oak door or so it was because after rill got bored it had been painted blue and white with a deer on the front. As I walk up the stairs case I can't help but admire rills art pieces that he had made over the years. There were many with random assortments of colours or landscape each and everyone he had Tried to throw away which I proceed to hang up and when he said they were embarrassing, 'but I think they were all amazing cause rill is truly amazing'. I think as I finally get to the top of stairs and walk to the door And push it open to be met by lots and lots of paint spalshed everywhere but no rill. "Ok that's werid maybe he just out" and so as i turn around and go down stairs and turn to the lounge I'm met by the sight of a massive blue tarp on the floor and all the furniture shoved to one side of the room.

All that seemed completely normal compared to rill with his back to me painting a massive whatever on the wall of the living room. "Hey rill you ok" I whispered but with that he jumped like he just heard an explosion.

"Oh hey asta how was your trip" he said as he turned around towards me a massive childish smile on his face yet it was completely contrasted by the massive bags under his eyes. 'did he stay up all night again what an idiot he can be sometimes' I think as I walk towards him and wrapping him in a massive bear hug.

"It was good I missed you" I said as I held him noticeing how he was leaning on me 'he is clearly not slept'.

"Hey can you ease up please your crushing me" rill squirmed and wriggled then I get an idea so I tightened my arms even harder and pick him up and walk to the corner of the room. Then drop him on the sofa and then I jump on him.

"Awww what was that for I was just painting" he said trying to use his puppy eyes on me. 'no he won't win'

"And have you slept" I retorted eyes locked on his.

"Yeah like an hour hear and there" he whispered looking away.

"And eaten" I pressed on

"A sandwich and some sweet here and there" he whispered even quieter.

With that I let out a massive sigh. "I thought we talked about this buddy you have to take a break from painting what if you had collapsed" laying my head in his chest.

"Yeah but I got really inspired and I couldn't stop myself I was worried I would lose it if I stopped' he whispered as he wriggled like he was trying to sink in to the sofa.

"And what inspired you" I questioned.

"My muse" he whispered

"Your what" I replied

"My muse" he said a little louder

"And what is your muse" I ask

"You" he said his normally pale face shaded bright red.

" Awww love you too"

10 mins later
3rd person

There were two men snoring quietly on the sofa completely content with each other and completely in love.

--------------
Author note
I don't I just thought this was sweet