Last day

2 weeks later…

Y/n couldn't help but yawn as he was seen watching over Cindy and Kamala overhead in the training room.

Y/n is seen in his pajamas as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate, and watches as the two start fighting a simulation of aliens from when Thanos attacked earth

Y/n is seen in his pajamas as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate, and watches as the two start fighting a simulation of aliens from when Thanos attacked earth. With the aliens being scaled down in numbers and power of course, however they will be buffed as the girls get stronger. 

Casey: They're still training?

Y/n: Yup… *yawns* they're really determined to beat wave 23…

Casey pulls back a chair and sits next to Y/n and leans her head in his shoulder. 

Casey: Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah?

Casey: What's on your mind? You seem to be thinking a lot…

Y/n: *chuckles* It's nothing.

Casey raises her head, and looks Y/n dead in the eyes.

Casey: It's not nothing, I see the look in your eyes, to you, it's important.

Y/n's smile fades as he looks into his mug. Y/n sighs before putting his cup down.

Y/n: … Being here, with people like me, with people I love, is amazing. This place allows me to train without being seen in public, and I work on projects I couldn't before such as working on Athena, which is going amazingly by the way. Like come on, I'm an Avenger, what I always dreamed off… but…

Casey: But what?

Y/n: … I… I don't… I can't be an Avenger anymore.

Casey: What?! But why?!

Y/n: I'm a hero of New York, I help kids get their kites from trees, I fight the occasional super villain. But I don't fight terrorists organizations, I don't fight aliens, I don't kill. After that fight with Thanos, I'm always thinking if I really wanted to be an Avenger… and then when I fought Nightmare… something clicked. I'm hardly ready for this stuff. I'm the friendly neighborhood Glitch-spider. 

Casey: I see… well, if that's what you want then, I'll stick by your side, since I'll have no reason to really stay here otherwise. Hopefully the others will respect your decision… you are going to tell the others right? 

Y/n: … Yeah, of course. *rubs forehead* I'm not sure how to tell everyone… 

Casey: Just tell them what you told me. I'm sure they'd understand.

Y/n: Okay… I will, tonight I'll tell them. But till then, I still need to finish up some unfinished business. 

Y/n takes another sip from his mug as Kamala and Cindy are seen celebrating as the finally beat wave 23…

----

An hour later Y/n is seen holding the tooth from Nightmare in his palm. He softly traces his finger against the sharp edge of the tooth. Y/n frowns, as images of the monster flash through his mind. Y/n's hands spark slightly as his eyebrows frown.