Spider-verse Pt5

Y/n:*thoughts*She isnt your Gwen Y/n…

Y/n and Gwen were currently sitting next to each other on the bus. While Miles is seen in the back freaking out about his invisibility to Peter. Y/n was trying his best to not focus on the woman next to him. Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted when the other Gwen tapped his shoulder.

Gwen: Y-Y/n?

Y/n: *avoids looking at her* Yeah?

Gwen: ...Why won't you look at me Y/n.

Y/n: …

Gwen: What happened to me in your universe Y/n? Why can't you even look at me?

Y/n curls his hands into a fist as tries to avoid interacting with her. Gwen looks down solemnly as she tries to think of another subject.

Gwen: ...You finally got to be a hero huh? A spider-man too, that's so cool, what's it like?

She finally gets a response...

Y/n: It's… tough.

Miles and Peter notice the awkward energy in front of them.

Miles: Dang, what happened between those two?

Peter: I don't know but it definitely wasn't good.

Gwen couldn't handle it anymore as she finally asked one last question.

Gwen: I died, didn't I?

As she said that, the wave of memories hit Y/n.

From his Gwen and him eating breakfast that morning and the two smiling. To the two fighting Lizard and Scorpion. To Gwen holding her bite wound… to her being stabbed by Scorpion… to her dying in his arms…

Y/n: … Yeah. *turns to Gwen* You did. 

Gwen's eyes widened as Y/n finally looked at her, as tears slowly streamed down his face. Y/n notices the tears and attempts to wipe them away.

Y/n: Sorry… i… never had time to… 

Gwen places her hand over his.

Gwen: It's fine… 

Y/n: Thanks…

Gwen smiles, before he speaks up.

Y/n: Can you… uh

Gwen notices her hands are still on him, and immediately let's go as her face begins to heat up.

Gwen: Sorry!

Y/n: *chuckles* It's fine. Anyway, I love your hair. I mean my Gwen had much longer hair, but you definitely make that hair look amazing on you.

Gwen: Really? I don't know, it was kinda a last minute ditch effort to keep some style.

Y/n:  Yeah really. And your suit is awesome too, kinda like mine.

The Ghost-Spider smiles to herself.

Gwen: Thanks I made it myself, well kinda.

Y/n: Kinda?

Gwen: Weell, it's a bit weird you see-

----

The group is now seen standing in front of this universe's Aunt May's house. 

Y/n: So we could make a new Goober here?

Gwen: Well, the supplies should be here.

Peter shoots a web at the doorbell, before immediately regretting it.