Spider-verse pt 2

The next morning, Y/n watched as many people gathered in front of a church, as who seemed to be an older, alive and well MJ talking into the mic. Behind MJ, was also an older Aunt May. Y/n steps away from the edge of the roof and holds head as he tries to process this.

Y/n: what the hell is going on?! Did the reality stone do this?! This shouldn't be even possible! 

He punches the floor, causing it to crack a bit. He sighs and watches the ceremony again, as it starts to finish up.

MJ: He didn't ask for his powers… but he chose to be spider-man. My favorite thing about Peter… is he made us each feel powerful. We all have powers of one kind or another. But in our own way… we are all Spider-man. And we're all counting on you.

Y/n's spider senses begin to go off as he sees a kid with his hoodie up wearing a spider-man costume mask, goes into an alley.

Y/n: Come on kid, you know nothing good happens in alleys!

As he arrives he sees the kid missing as open comics are seen on the ground. He checks the pages, which apparently show Peter's life, as he jumped off a building to learn to swing?!

Y/n: Crap don't tell me-

Y/n twips up to the roof to see the kid on the ledge. Fearing the worst Y/n was about to step in, till the kid booked it back to the stairs as if regretting his decision.

Y/n: Oh thank god… 

However, the kid is seen on a different, much lower roof. He takes a running start, but trips on his shoe laces and falls off the roof. Y/n goes to catch him, however his body glitches, causing his web to go jagged and miss. 

The kid crashes into the ground, Y/n panicking swings over to check on him, only to hear him… groan? 

Y/n:*thoughts* How is he not dead?

Y/n: Hey kid, you alright?

???: Wha-

The kid turns to Y/n and his eyes widen.

???: Who- How, are you Spider-man?!

Y/n: Well, I go by Glitch-Spider, but yeah I guess I am. 

Suddenly his spider-sense goes off as the two look at each other.

Y/n: You're… like me.

???: No way…

Suddenly the boy remembers something, and pulls out a broken Flash Drive.

???: No no no.

Y/n: Kid what's wrong?

???: Peter, he gave me this to stop the Supercollider! If it turns back on it'll open a black hole under Brooklyn!

Y/n: … I see…

???: Wait… you could teach man! We need to stop this!

Y/n: No, from the looks of it, you barely found out about these powers, this… is too big for you.

???: And you think you could handle it alone?!

Y/n looks at the ground… 

Y/n: No probably not…

Miles: Then come on man.

Y/n: Fine. I'll teach you. What's your name?

???: Miles, Miles Morales.

(Wearing the spider-man costume of course)

He offers his hand, which Y/n shakes.

Y/n: Nice to meet ya kid.

Miles: Hey can we visit the cemetery real quick, I need to visit the grave, and apologize.

Y/n: For what?

Miles: Breaking the drive, we'll have to find another way to stop this.

Y/n: ...Alright I guess we could stop by. Time is limited though, so we will need to do this quickly.

Y/n raises his hand before shooting a web in the air.

Y/n: I'll meet ya there.

Miles: Wait you could just-

Y/n twips away, as he heads towards the cemetery.

Miles: Carry me… I guess I'll just walk then… shouldn't take too long right?

Four hours later…

The moon has already risen, as Miles finally arrives. He slowly approaches Peter's grave, as suddenly Y/n lands next to him.

Y/n: Jeez kid you sure took your time.

Miles: I can't swing man! I had to walk!

Y/n then slaps his forehead.

Y/n: Right, sorry I haven't really had to teach anyone… for a while. Alright, I'll be on top of the Church, you just say what you gotta say.

Y/n twips over to the roof, and lies on the roof as he waits for Miles to finish. After a few minutes he hears Miles suddenly yelp. Y/n gets up to see what looked like a homeless man's corpse in front of Miles.

Y/n: Miles what happened?!

Miles: I-I don't know, but look! He looks just like Peter!

Miles points at the man's face, he was certainly… older, and had brown hair, but this definitely could be another Peter.

Suddenly, two silhouettes are seen approaching the two, as a man yells.

???: Hey what are two doing to that body!?

A guard yells.

Y/n: And it's time to go!

Miles: R-Right!

Miles grabs the other Peter's arm, and aims it up, before using his web shooter, and swiping him up, as Y/n glitches away from the cemetery. Y/n then looks back and sees Miles helplessly "swings" with the unconscious Peter.

Y/n: *thoughts* I hate this.

Y/n holds the bridge of his nose, before looking down, to see Miles and the other Peter on the middle of a crosswalk, as people just step over them.

Miles: Thanks New York...

Y/n drops down, as he's now semi invisible, making everyone, but Miles, unaware of his presence.

Y/n: Alright, now we just need to take this guy somewhere... any ideas?

Miles: ... Oh, my uncle's place! He should be out by now.

Y/n: Alright then kid. Lead the way, and this time*picks up the other Peter* I'll carry him.

Miles: Hey why do you call me kid? Aren't you like a few years older then me?

The two began to walk off the street and began to head towards the apartment.

Y/n: I'm 20, and you're what, 15? I think I have a pass to call you a kid.

Miles: Alright man, whatever works for you. But I'm just saying makes you sound old.

Y/n: Well... the last two years... did feel like decades.