VIII | The Siren and the Fourth Lesson

A/N: How can several unfortunate events happen to the same person in a span of just 3 months? 😭 Just when I thought everything was going well again, just last week in my own house I was robbed of my valuables (except my phone, thank God I always put it under my pillow) while I was asleep. Now I'm moving out to another place, since I don't feel safe where I am anymore.

I'm sorry, I'm ranting. I'm happy to finally put this up. It provided me the distraction that I needed from all this craziness.

As always, please do leave some comments, I have fun reading them!

Italic: thoughts, foreign words, emphasis
Bold-italic: song lyrics

♤♤♤

It took a while for Lisa to recover from her breakdown, and when she did she decided to retire early for the night, having expended all of her energy bawling her eyes out against Jungkook's chest. The royal maknae had always been a formidable figure in the golden maknae's eyes, but tonight the woman seemed so fragile that it threw him off.

"You should drink these before going to bed. You haven't taken enough for your hangover today," Jungkook said, handing her a tablet of paracetamol and an electrolyte drink while she sat on the edge of her large bed. Lisa obeyed silently, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand after she had gulped down the bottle empty and the medicine with it. Still wearing Jungkook's jacket, she buried herself under the duvet as Jungkook tucked it around her.

"You sure you don't want anything? A cup of cocoa? A bowl of hot soup?" he asked, bending to her eye level. Lisa would have noticed how Jungkook looked at her with so much attentiveness, if only her eyes weren't so tired and heavy.

"No, thank you," she whispered, her swollen eyelids closing.

"Not even me, to warm your bed mam'selle?" Jungkook added playfully in a low voice against her ear.

"Hmm... Maybe tomorrow, Jungkook," Lisa responded with a slight chuckle in the warmth of the covers, eyes finally succumbing as the scent of him on his jacket--a hint of vetiver, sandalwood and musk--lulled her to sleep.

Jungkook's eyes softened as he brushed some strands of her hair away from her face. He never figured that his name could sound so... natural rolling off from her lips.

"Good night, Lisa."

After storing the rest of the groceries and cleaning up the kitchen, Jungkook had spent the rest of the night unloading his luggage in the bedroom right next to Lisa's. His room looked exactly like hers, only with darker tones and more stone and hardwood panels than glass. Much like his personality.

Jungkook removed his clothing--wet with the rain and drenched further with Lisa's... crying fluids (he refused to believe it was snot)--and changed into his sweatpants, opening the windows and welcoming the cool post-thunderstorm breeze against the bare skin of his upper body.

He collapsed on his back on the large bed, sighing at the ceiling, allowing locks of his jet black mane to sway with the breeze as he contemplated his recent unnatural behavior, the weird throbbing in his chest that had been bothering him lately, and the woman that seemed to have started it all.

Ah, Mingyu was right. Maybe I just have a soft spot for hard workers. Maybe if she weren't so annoying, I would have actually...

He left his thoughts hanging in the air to be swept away with the wind, letting his mind become at peace with not proceeding any further as the comfort of slumber consumed him.