XXIV | Denouement

A/N: Don't act like you're not used to me and my empty promises again lmao?!

Just kidding. Really sorry I took so long.

Anyway I thought of wrapping up everything with one final chapter and an epilogue but as I was writing I realized it would be better to write this part separately since it's a whole different mood from the next part. You'll see what I mean.

Italics: emphasis, thoughts, foreign words
Bold: words from a phone screen

♤♤♤

Seafoam licked Lisa's feet as she trod pensively along the ebbs and flows of the waves, the moon shining luminously over her path in the wet sand. In the wee hours of the morning sleep evaded her, plagued by the thought of one person.

Taehyung.

Lisa sighed, and despite the weight on her chest, couldn't help letting out a small smile at the recent developments of her and Jungkook's relationship. She didn't stand a chance. It only took Jungkook's loaded confession of his true feelings to realize her own, and all their walls came tumbling down, stripping them down to the Guk and Lili who have always longed for each other.

After their hallowed moment in the sunset, as an eloquent gesture of his feelings, Jungkook had whipped up dinner like a masterchef on steroids. Lisa came down and offered help, but the world-renowned idol-chef had only been reduced to a boy in love, coming up behind her to 'teach' her how to peel shrimp by taking her nighties off right then and there at the edge of the kitchen table. Lisa, bless her heart, had to thwart his wayward advances with all of her might. He was cooking her favorite spicy khai jiao, after all.

Jungkook got the message. These past few days taught him that the way to Lisa's heart was through her stomach and her pussy, but the latter could use a break for now. Reminiscing last night's events fondly, he became content sneaking in smooches and hickeys here and there.

Dinner enjoyed and dishes done, the both of them came upstairs to Lisa's glass bedroom to retire for the night. Jungkook, already coming down from his physical and emotional high, used the last of his energy to drag Lisa to bed with him and cage her in his arms. Fascinated by the new behavior of her ex-nemesis, Lisa looked up at him with a playful gaze.

"And to think they call you heartless," she muttered haughtily, holding his face and studying how perfect he was up close. "Who would have known that you would be so clingyyy," she teased with a crinkle in her nose.

"I'm all up in my feelings right now, Lili. I should have realized it way, way back," Jungkook chuckled, running his thumb down her lips as he held her closer. "By the way, you should know Mingyu's moves back then were all mine. I was stupid enough to help him get to you because I was too much of a wuss to admit my own feelings."

"So, it was you," Lisa's eyes widened in realization, "I always thought it was weird that he did everything right—like he knew me so well." Lisa clicked her tongue in disappointment, telling the man off further, "How could you be such a masochist! How could you just give me away like that? If only you knew that I was crushing on you ever since the day we met," she grumbled.

Almost instantly, Lisa could feel Jungkook's heart race beneath his chest, and when she looked up she was met with a very flustered man who was at a loss for words. A corner of her lips lifted.

"Wow, it's funny how I can make you shut up easier now that we're together," Lisa uttered snidely, weaving her arms around Jungkook's shoulders to level with him and as the air around them got hotter.

Jungkook breathed heavily, his eyes looking deeply into hers. "Stop looking at me like that."

Lisa gave him an innocent smile. "Like what?"