˜"*°•.˜"*°• chapter 8 •°*"˜.•°*"˜

【day 2】

𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚

tsukishima pov

I met up with Tadashi at the gym doors to go home after l/n ran off. She's really worrying me. Yesterday she showed up covered in bruises, and now she's talking about a 'him' and 'him being more angry.'

Tadashi and I started our walk home. "Hey, are you okay Tsukki?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Why are you asking?"

"Well... you've been a little out of it lately and you stare into space more. You just seem distracted. Are you sure you're alright? You know that you can talk to me about anything, right?"

"Yeah..." I paused a little, wondering if I should tell him about what I've been thinking. "I don't know. I'm confused I guess. I don't understand what I'm feeling. I mean... I've only known her for two days, but I'm constantly worried about her. I get irritated whenever other guys talk to her. I constantly stare at her, and the image of her keeps popping up in my head. My face heats up every time she's around." I couldn't stop. "I want to pull her close to me and never let her go. I want to wake up next to her every morning." I shut my eyes closed and clenched my hands. I was yelling at this point. "I want to see her smile. Her genuine smile that shows how happy she is. I want to see her beauty every second of every day. I want to hear that beautiful laugh of hers, even if it's just once. I want to tell her I love her!"

I froze, out of breath, my eyes widening. I love her? But I only just met her? How can I love her?

"That's too bad..." Tadashi said, sounding a bit disappointed. I look up and he's rubbing the back of his neck, a nervous smile on his face.

"Huh?"

"Well uh... I kinda liked her too, but... you two belong together. I can tell she likes you. She was constantly looking at you during practice today. When you were saying your name at the beginning, she looked up at you... she didn't do that for anyone else. Only you. You two are gonna be great together." Tadashi said with a small smile, but it looked like he wanted to cry.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered.

"No no it's alright! There's nothing for you to be sorry about. She just isn't the one for me." He looked up at the stars. It's getting pretty late... I hope l/n made it home okay.

"Well, this is me. Bye Tsukki!" Tadashi says as we make it to his house.

"Uh... yeah. Bye"

I continue the rest of the walk to my house. It was quiet. I don't get to hear silence often. It's so peaceful. I can hear my own thoughts. There are no distractions. But there's no l/n. I look up at the stars. They're twinkling. They're pretty... just like her.

(¯'•._.• т𝓲𝐌𝓔 𝕊ⓚi𝔭 •._.•'¯)

"I'm home." I say as I walk in the door.

"Welcome back, Kei!" Akiteru said.

I took off my shoes and neatly put them next to the others. I grab my bag and start to head upstairs.

"Homework again?"

"Yeah."

"What about dinner?"

"I'll just have something later."

"Alright then. Goodnight."

"Night." I said then headed upstairs.

I walk into my room and sit at my desk. I put my headphones on and start listening to some lo-fi music to help me study and do my homework.

I finished most of it, and was in the middle of the last assignment when I caught a glimpse of a small dinosaur keychain. I pulled my headphones down and rested them on my neck. I pick up the keychain and stare at it for a little bit. Would she like it? Does she even like dinosaurs? If she knew I did she would think I'm such a dork.

I sigh and put the keychain back on my desk and finish up the last assignment.

After I finished, I changed into some gray sweatpants and took off my shirt. I then headed downstairs to brush my teeth and hair and whatnot to get ready to go to bed. I made it down the stairs when I heard my stomach growl.

"Shit. I forgot to eat. And it's already 1 am." I mumbled to myself. "Whatever."

I went into the kitchen instead and opened the fridge. I saw my favorite, strawberry shortcake, with a small note on it.

Kei,
I know there's something up with you. You don't have to tell me right now, but when you feel ready, I am always here to listen. I didn't know if whatever was bothering you was bad or not, so I just got you some strawberry shortcake. I know it's your favorite. ;)
-Akiteru

I smiled to myself a little.

"Thanks big bro." I whisper.

I eat my dessert and then finish getting ready for bed. I head back upstairs and lay on my bed.

I didn't sleep for about another hour. I was awake thinking about her. I just couldn't get her out of my head. Now that I know I love her, I couldn't stop thinking about her. She's too perfect for this world, for me. She would never want me. I don't deserve her.

But maybe one day I can eat some strawberry shortcake with you.