˜"*°•.˜"*°• chapter 12 •°*"˜.•°*"˜

【day 3】

𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚

tsukishima pov

The team looked over at us and I noticed l/n getting tense.

"l/n. Tsukishima. Why are you two late?" Daichi asked as he walked up to us.

"I was just telling the shorty how she needed to get taller." I said, smirking, trying to ease some of the tension l/n was feeling.

"Alright, Tsukishima. Well, hurry up and get ready for practice."

"Yeah, yeah." I mumbled to myself. I rolled my eyes as Daichi walked away.

"Tsukishima..." I heard l/n whisper. I hummed in response. "Thank you. For listening."

"Yeah, whatever shorty." I said ruffling her hair. Then I debated on whether or not I should tell her. I decided it would be best for her to know that someone would always be there for her. "Just let me know if there's anything I can do. I mean it. Anything. Okay? I don't want you to get hurt again."

"I will." She said with a small smile.

I had to look away since I started blushing, then I nodded. I couldn't handle any more of her cuteness, so I went to sit down to put on my volleyball gear, then went to warm up.

After I was warm, I joined the drill that the team was doing. I just went to the back of the blocking line.

When it was my turn to go, I waited for the set then watched Tanaka carefully. He started his approach and I lined up right on his hitting arm, noticing where his shoulder and hand were facing. I jumped at the perfect time, and got a block. Go me, I guess. I just hope l/n was watching. Maybe she thought I looked cool.

ㄒ丨爪乇 丂Ҝ丨卩

Practice finally finished, and I saw l/n getting her stuff together in a hurry. I walk over to her and grab her wrist as she started to walk out of the door. I feel her flinch in my grasp. 

She turned around. There are so many things I want to say, but no words come out of my mouth. Are you going to be okay going home? Do you need to stay somewhere? Is your father going to be a problem? She just nodded. She understood. Thank god. Be careful, l/n. I nod back and let go of her wrist.

Then she walks out of the gym.

After l/n, I sat down by my bag and started to take off my gear. I was changing out my shoes when Suga came and sat down next to me.

"I can tell." He said with a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry?"

He turned to face me. "I can tell you like her."

"What? Why would I like that shorty? She can't even reach my head. There's no way I would like someone like her." I say trying to get rid of Suga.

"Whatever you say, Tsukishima. Just know that however long you deny your feelings, the higher chance you'll have of losing her all together." Suga said before walking away to talk to Daichi.

If only he knew that I didn't actually like her... I love her. But of course I wasn't gonna tell him that. If I did, then the team would start talking to me more, and I don't want that. They're too annoying.

Anyways, I get all my stuff together and meet up with Tadashi.

"Ready?" I ask him.

"Yup!" He said, a big grin on his face.

ㄒ丨爪乇 丂Ҝ丨卩

I dropped off Tadashi at his house, and then walked the rest of the way home. 

I walked in the front door, took off my shoes, and went straight upstairs, not bothering to talk to anybody. I went to my room and sat at my desk. I did all of my homework then decided to get ready for bed early. I got some gray sweatpants and a pair of underwear and headed downstairs to take a shower.

I finished up with my shower. I put on the clothes and walked out of the bathroom. I heard my stomach growl a little. 

I decide to get a small snack before bed and headed to the kitchen. I open the fridge and see a mini strawberry shortcake. I just stared at it. Then I decided I would give it to l/n tomorrow for lunch. I mean, it's not like she ever brings anything. How is she not starving? Maybe I could bring a lunch for her everyday...

I make two lunches and put them in the fridge for tomorrow.

I go to a cupboard and find some crackers to eat. They were saltines of course. I eat some of those before heading back upstairs.

I go back into my room and lay on my bed. I just stare at the ceiling. Suga's words kept replaying in my mind.

"Just know that however long you deny your feelings, the higher chance you'll have of losing her all together."

Is this just his way of telling me that I need to confess, and if I don't then I could lose her? How would I lose her? Would I just run out of time? What if someone else comes along? What if she falls for them? I don't want to lose her... Do I have to confess? If so... when?

There were so many thoughts running through my mind, it was giving me a headache. I just decided that I would go to sleep and figure it out later.

I grabbed my dino plushie and cuddled with it as I drifted off to sleep.

i got stuff planned. ;)