˜"*°•.˜"*°• chapter 23 •°*"˜.•°*"˜

【day 44】

y/n pov

"Please! Listen..." Then you were frozen. You had the words trapped inside your head, but you couldn't find the key to free them, to let them tell Kei everything that was messed up in that damaged little brain of yours.

"What?" His words were so cold and sharp that it didn't even sound like his voice.

"I..."

"If you have nothing to say, could you please let go of me."

You were so overwhelmed, so drowned from the pressure you were putting on yourself. How could I let this happen? I like him don't I? How could I hurt him like this? This is all my fault. I just need to tell him the truth... right?

Kei had started walking out of your grasp. "I'm sorry I hurt you." He stopped. "I didn't mean a word I said. I was just so... so scared that you would leave that I made you do it before it would hurt, but it already hurts. It hurts so much I can't stand it. I never want you to leave. You mean so much to me, and I didn't even know it. You were there for me when I needed you most. My face feels hot and I start sweating and I feel nervous whenever I'm around you. My stomach gets all twisted up and knotted whenever I stand next to you. I love being around you and I- I think I lo-"

You were interrupted, but you didn't mind. A soft pair of lips had pressed up against yours as Kei's hands caress your cheeks. Your knees felt weak as you sunk closer to him, and you once again felt the butterflies that swarmed in your stomach every time you were around him. Your hands eventually made their way into Kei's soft blonde hair.

The small kiss may have only lasted a couple seconds, but it felt like an eternity had passed that you both were connected in a way you couldn't describe. Far too soon, your lips parted from his.

"You didn't let me finish." You said.

"I love you, too" He whispered, holding your face close to his, a small smile on his lips.

At that moment, your world stopped. Someone loves... me? You couldn't believe it. You never would have thought that someone could love you, nonetheless someone like Kei. You were beyond words.

"Will you go out with me?" Kei asked.

Although you were still at a loss for words, your brain still seemed to answer his question without hesitation. "Yes. Of course I will." You said, beaming with joy. You jumped up and gave Kei a hug. He was so warm, you never wanted to let go.

kei pov

She's so warm, and she looks so happy. I made her happy. What did I do to deserve this, to deserve her? I never knew she would feel the same way. I'm so happy I think I could cry, but I won't because I don't want to look like a bitch just because the girl I love returned my feelings. I would get hell from the team if that ever happened and they found out.

I slowly pulled away from y/n, but only to give her a small kiss on her forehead, then her nose, then the softest touch on her lips. "I love you so much."

t͜͡i͜͡m͜͡e͜͡ s͜͡k͜͡i͜͡p͜͡

"So where are we gonna go?" y/n asks.

"Oh... um... I didn't really think that far ahead." I said while scratching the back of my neck. "I was just hoping you would say yes at all. Where do you want to go?"

"Um... we could go to a movie? Or maybe dinner? No that's stupid." She said while rubbing her chin. "Oh! I know! We could go ice skating!"