˜"*°•.˜"*°• chapter 18 •°*"˜.•°*"˜

【day 6】

𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚

tsukishima pov

I had woken up pretty early. I couldn't sleep after what happened to y/n. The sun just started rising. I look over at y/n. My dream came true. She looked so peaceful in the morning light, as if the nightmare had never happened. I wish you were always this at peace, I thought as I brushed her h/c hair out of her face. Everything about her was so angelic that I couldn't help but smile. The whole team would make fun of me if they ever saw me like this. 

I ended up just staring at y/n like a maniac for about 4 hours. What is wrong with me? Anyways, I eventually got out of bed and picked out some gray sweatpants to wear after I take a shower. I go to my bathroom and close the door. I look in the mirror and realize that I'm blushing like crazy. Huh?! When did that happen? I shake off my butterflies and turn on the shower. I take all of my clothes off and get in when the water is hot. After about 15 minutes, I turn off the shower and dry off. Then I put on my clean clothes and open the door while drying my hair off with a towel. Shirtless.

I look up and see y/n sitting up in my bed. Our eyes met and I just stared at her. I was so stupid. I had stared at her like an idiot while my face was getting hot.

To try and change the mood, I cleared my throat and did my best to make my expression emotionless. "How did you sleep?" I walked over to my closet and casually put on a shirt then went to sit in my chair.

"Oh um, fine. After the nightmare, I slept a lot better."

God I want to help you get better so bad. "Good."

"Your plushies are really cute." She said looking at the shelf above my desk.

"Please don't talk about those. I don't want you making fun of me for it. I only have them because my dumbass brother won't let me get rid of them from when I was a kid."

"Mmhmm..." She hummed, suspicious of my response. Of course she would be. Anyone with a right mind would be suspicious. "I think you just love them so much that you never want to get rid of them. They're like a symbol of who you are." She paused to think for a second. "What's your favorite food?"

"Why should I tell you, shorty?"

"Because I know you want to." You have no idea how right you are.

I hesitated to answer. "Strawberry shortcake." I mumbled, embarrassed that that was my favorite food.

"That's it then! You are..." She pointed at me. "... a salty, strawberry shortcake loving dino!"

"Salty? I'm not salty." Does she really think of me like that?

"Um Kei. Have you met yourself? Obviously not."

"Hey! I'm not salty! I just don't like people. They're annoying and full of shit."

She giggled. God that was so cute.

"So you think I'm annoying and full of shit?"

"You are annoying, but I don't consider you a person." You're an angel. I put my hand to my chin to act like I'm thinking about it. "I think of you more as a small shrimp."

"Hey! I'm not that small!" She said, laughing. It's so beautiful. Hearing the girl you love laughing because of something you do. It's the greatest feeling in the world. But it can break your heart when there's no possible way they could ever feel the same. She probably only thinks of me as  friend, so I have to act like I feel the same way, even if it slowly breaks me.

"Yes you are." I said with a small smile.

Shit. Did I just smile? I got too caught up in the moment.

"You should smile more." I hear.

I paused for a second, shocked at what y/n had said. "Why?"

"You look good when you smile. You look happy. Whenever you're insulting someone or you're 'being yourself,' you don't look satisfied. You just look... what's the word... bored! You look bored. Like you don't care at all about what the other person is doing. Like you're only doing it to keep a reputation."

Wow. I never thought of it that way. I thought it brought me satisfaction to bring others down. Was I really just bored? Have I been lying to myself all this time? How did y/n see it when I couldn't see it myself? She's so amazing.

"So what?"

"You should just be you. The real you. Not the you that makes fun of people just to make yourself seem tough and brooding."

We ended up just sitting around and talking about random shit for about an hour. I was learning so much about y/n. I felt so much closer to her. I didn't think it was possible, but I think I love her even more than I did. She was just such an incredible person to be around.

"Hey, Kei?"

"Yeah?"

"What time is it?"

I picked up my phone to look at the time. "Almost noon." I said.

"What?! Shit. I was supposed to be home sixteen fucking hours ago! He's gonna kill me." She said, quickly standing up and grabbing her stuff. Wait what? She's going back home? Why? Why can't she just stay with me?  "I have to go now. I'll see you on Monday at school, okay?"

"Uh... yeah." Will I get to see her? I have a bad feeling about this.

"Bye Kei!"

"Be careful y/n!" I yelled after her, but received a door slam in return.

Fuck. I should've told her to stay! Her dad's gonna beat the shit out of her. I'm so fucking stupid! She doesn't deserve me. I can't even keep her safe from her own family. I'm such a worthless human being.

I slowly walked back to my room, my shoulders sunken, my head down. I close the door behind me and lean my back against it. My eyes are wide, looking horrified. Weirdly, it felt like something warm and wet was on my face. I lifted my hands to my cheeks and realized they were tears. Why am I crying? I started wiping my face with my sleeve, but the tears just kept coming. 

I could feel the guilt and worry in the pit of my stomach. It was twisted and knotted. Where's my brother? My mom? Fuck. They're out of town right now. Shit! I need someone. I need y/n. My breath starts to quicken and the tears continue to stream down my cheeks. I lift my hands in front of my face and see them shaking. Nothing like this has ever happened before. What's going on? I'm scared. I started sweating and I felt cold. Where's y/n? I need her. 

There were thoughts flooding into my head about every possible thing that could go wrong tonight with y/n. She could go home and get beaten so badly she blacks out for days with no one to take care of her. Or maybe so bad she goes into a coma. What if he kills her? What if he starves her or locks her in a closet? What's happening to y/n? Where is she? Is she okay? Please be okay. I need her to be okay.

My head is in my hands, my fingers going through my hair over and over. My entire body is shaking. Someone. Please help me. Anyone...

t⃣ i⃣ m⃣ e⃣ s⃣ k⃣ i⃣ p⃣

I wake up on my floor in the middle of the night. Huh? What happened?

i have a whole project due tomorrow that i haven't even started on. fuck.

oh yeah also sorry this chapter is trash. i have been super busy and i kinda felt bad for not posting.