˜"*°•.˜"*°• chapter 21 •°*"˜.•°*"˜

btw im gonna start putting both povs in the same chapter (like im gonna switch between them) so i dont have to keep repeating the same chapter

【day 43】

y/n pov

The walk back to your house was... let's just say interesting. You didn't really know what to say, and you were pretty sure he didn't either. You both just... walked. Though it was a little awkward, there was a slight sense of peace and comfort in the silence between you and the blonde.

Then your mind started to wander. Why did he offer to walk me home? That doesn't seem like something he'd normally do. Is there something he's trying to get from me? Is he only doing this so he can get something in return? No. That doesn't seem like something he'd do either. Maybe he's-

"Hey." Your chaotic thoughts were interrupted by Kei's stern voice. Your head snapped up to look at him, but your eyes met with the side of his blank face. "Would you quit doing that? I can practically hear your thoughts from up here."

"Sorry." You whispered.

"And quit saying sorry. There's nothing you need to be sorry for."

"Sorry." You didn't even need to see his face to feel the daggers from his glare. "Okay." You whispered.

Ever since you had realized your feelings for this tall beanpole of a guy, you didn't know how to act around him. You didn't know if you should just go up to him and confess how you feel. Actually, scratch that. Let's never do that. There was the option of avoiding him, but you didn't want to do that either. Then there was the option to keep hanging around him, but be incredibly awkward, which is what is currently happening. You didn't want that to happen either but it seemed to be the best choice.

"What are you thinking about?" You hear. You were taken aback with Kei. You never expected him to ask personal questions like this.

"Nothing really. It's stupid." You said, trying to cover up the fact that you were thinking about what to do around him now that you know you're head over heels in love with him. No big deal.

"Sorry. I couldn't catch that. I can't hear you from down there." He said, leaning down while putting his hand up to his ear with a smirk.

"Oh I was just asking how the weather was up there. It's a little cloudy, so you better watch for rain." You said with a grin and started walking faster.

tsukishima pov

Huh? Wha-? What just-? Huh? I was completely speechless. Y/n had never said anything like that. She was always shy and closed off, but now she's talking back? When did that start happening? It's different, but I can't tell whether I like it or not. I want to find out, though.

I start to run up to her, but she just starts running faster, laughing her ass off. I couldn't help but smile at that, her (h/l) (h/c) hair flowing in the wind, her face filled with happiness, and her smile brighter than I've ever seen it. God, she's so beautiful...

As we were running down the street, all of a sudden, y/n bumps into a guy that looks to be around our age.

"Oh, sorry!" y/n said with a smile still gleaming. "I didn't see you... there..." Then her face was filled with horror as she slowly backed away from the boy. I fully caught up to her and she tripped and fell back into me. I caught her just in time, but I felt her shaking beneath my touch. I look up and see the boy.

"Who is this?"

y/n pov

No. No. No. No no no no no no no! I left him. He's gone. He's not here. He's a hallucination. It can't be. He should still be in America. Why is he here?