Chapter 28

Katsuki sat up with a jolt, regretting it immediately when pain flashed in his side.

"Careful!" A voice yelled.

He gazed to the side, vision going hazy when a person with blue hair grabbed his shoulders to keep him from falling over.

"I-I'm sorry! I know I sh-should have taken you to a hospital o-or something..." the person continued to mumble, but katsuki stopped paying attention.

He rubbed his eyes, his vision ever so slightly clearing. He could make out what looked to be a face. Or two. No, wait, just one.

"W-what happened? And w-why does m-my side hurt s-so much?" He groaned, the other peroson winced, helping him to prop himself against the bed frame.

"I'm so sorry! I-I'm Bltyz" they clapped their hands together and bowed. "And uh- you hit your head against the wall pretty hard, but as for your side..." he trailed off, looking away.

Panic flared in Bakugou, his eyes going wide. Did he get attacked while he was unconscious? Sure, that wouldn't be a surprise in his original reality but here? He guessed that's why there were heroes, to stop what little bad guys that there were.

"Ah! It's um- it's not anything bad! I promise! I was just walking past a dog park when I was trying to carry you home. I wasn't going to leave you unconscious in the middle of a dark alley way! And a few dogs might have come and uh- yea-" blytz looked a bit ashamed. Letting someone get hurt by a few measly mutts? Pathetic.

"O-oh. Ok, and i- I'm Bakugou." Katsuki's voice was nothing but a whisper, weak and quiet.

"Your Bakugou katsuki!?" Blytz yelped. And now that he actually assessed the boy infront of them, they couldn't help but want to face palm. Were they really that oblivious?

Bakugou looked a bit defensive for a moment, before blytz raised their hands in surrender. "Sorry! It's just that my brother goes to your school and he told me a bit about you..." they looked away, staring at the suddenly very interesting looking wall.

"Oh."

"So, your the one who was um- switched with another version of yourself, right?"

"Yea..."

"Do you...even want to go back...?"

And here they were again. Couldn't katsuki go a few chapters without having someone repeat the same, very annoying, question?

But, katsuki could find it in himself to say no. He'd be lying if he said that he completely ignored what Mina said. Could his classmates, the one from his original reality, really change? Like enough to make a difference?

"I... I don't know." He admitted after an awkward beat of silence. "Everyone back home was so... so mean and everyone here was so nice! But now I'm being told that their changing for me? I don't know what to believe..."

Blytz nodded in understanding. He reflected on the phone-call with their brother that same morning.

——————

"But Eijirou! Th-they were hurting you! She even said she had hurt you when she came over! Remember!?"

"Look, I know you like my friends but I'm not quitting UA. Training is hard and people are going to get hurt, it's only natural."

"That's not training! That's abuse!"

"Hero school is different from gym class. We're being prepared to fight actual villains that want to kill us. We need to learn to take a punch or two."