Chapter 1- Nerves.

Edited.

Brynn always hated being alone in public.

Why? She wasn't too sure. It might have been the loud people or the crowded spaces; either way, being in public made the twelve year old's nerves go through the roof. 

Despite her fears, here she was, in an airport cafe waiting for someone she'd never met or even seen before to pick her up. Someone she believed to be called Marv.

She was completely alone. Quite literally in her mind. It had been that way really since her mum passed when she was eight and she was placed in the care of her previous guardian. Milo Kingslee.

God, the name itself sent torturous chills through her entire body. Simply thinking about him caused her to recoil a little into her already hunched position.

Along with the news of her recent guardian's passing, she was also informed about a family she never knew she had and when it was stated that she had brothers, she thought one or two. Not seven. And she had been told of her birth father who died just two years ago. She didn't know how to feel about that.

She didn't even know if they were coming to pick her up.

She didn't even know if she was going to be picked up because what if this was just another stupid trick? She really didn't want it to be. She really really didn't want it be.

She did everything the social worker instructed her to do, the mental list hadn't left her mind ever since it was told to her. The social worker- Gloria- stated everything.

Board the plane, which she did after she was dropped off at the airport by the lady herself. She helped her find a suitable guardian for the duration of the plane ride and left once shae was alright.

Exit plane and find a man named Marv, which wasn't as simple. She'd waited until everyone left to leave herself, not wanting to be trampled on by the tall adults, and then nervously looked around for this Marv.

She didn't know who Marv was though or what he looked like. Was she looking for someone who had her name on a piece of paper or something? Was she supposed to find someone who looked like a Marv and take a chance?

She felt a little embarrassed standing there waiting for someone who evidently probably wasn't around, so she wandered a little because maybe he was further back. And she kept wandering until she was in the middle of the airport and still had not found a Marv.

A bit hesitant, she decided to sit in the outside area of a Burger King restaurant at a single rounded table for two. She was slouched down, trying to avoid eye contact with everything. Her arms were in the front pocket of the plain black jumper she was wearing and her dark blue jean-covered legs were crossed at the ankles as she swung them back and forth underneath the chair.

And now, when she thought about it, it was probably rather foolish to sit here seeing as now Marv wouldn't be able to find her.

It was probably foolish to believe anything at this point. Milo could have done this. She didn't think even a heart attack could stop that man. He was probably waiting for her somewhere in this airport right now. She moved her eyesight upwards to look around a little, half expecting him to jump out and yell surprise. Perhaps everyone here were in on it too.

Or perhaps she did in fact have brothers, but they didn't want to come. Perhaps she was forever to live in this airport cafe? Perhaps-

She felt her phone vibrate from where it was in her front pocket, resting against each of her fingertips. Well, her phone meaning Milo's old one given to her after his death for convenience.