Chapter 9- Dolls, Scars and Nightmares.

"Zai, can you stop planting flowers and help me over here!"

"I'm not planting flowers, you dickhead! I'm trying to kill this zombie!"

"Language!"

I laughed quietly at their interaction as I started planting daisies around the edge of the house, (Zach said they would look good).

We played for a good hour or so before Zach remembered something. "Oh!" he exclaimed causing Zaiden and me to jump. "We need to set up your new phone, sorellina."

Zaiden scoffed, pausing the game, "as if you'll be of any use." He then leaned forward in his beanbag to look directly at me, "Brynn, go get your phone, I'll set it up." Even though he used a commanding, 'do this now' voice, at least he offered to help.

He didn't need to say anymore because I was already hurrying to my room to retrieve said item.

I, delicately, lifted the phone from my bed as if it were to break at any moment and made my way back to the gaming room. Neither twin had moved from their previous positions, both perfectly content with sitting back and playing the, now un-paused, game.

When Zaiden saw me enter, he motioned for me to come over, his face blank as ever. I handed him the phone. He took it from me and immediately went to turning it on. He wouldn't need me at all for this so I sat back down with Zach to continue playing.

He spent about five minutes doing, what looked to be, the settings then adding the finishing touches. When he had finished, he passed it back to me; I thanked him but he just shrugged it off and refocused his attention onto his phone.

Woah. The quality was so much better, it made my old phone look like a stale brick. My wallpaper was pre-set on the phone, ready for me to change when I wanted to and my contacts had all my brothers' phone numbers in, including Zayne's work phone.

"Zayne's number is only to be used in case of emergency though, okay love?" Zach told me seriously. That made sense. I would never willingly call Zayne to tell him about my day, I had a feeling he was just as scary through the phone.

Zaiden also added Mika's, Jacob's and Anthony's number. I've never had so many numbers before.

Since I was paying too much attention to this wondrous new gadget in my hands, I jumped when Callan's resonated the mansion, "DINNER!" The television was immediately turned off and Zaiden and Zach were up out of their seats. "Finally, I'm starving," Zaiden grumbled stretching his arms behind his back. We placed our controllers where we were sitting, well I placed mine whilst they launched theirs.

Zaiden was the first out followed by me and Zach. The three of us strode downstairs and when Zaiden was out of earshot from us, Zach leaned down to my ear and whispered, "he was totally planting flowers for you, there were no zombies around at all."

I stopped and gave Zach the most confused look I could gather. He turned around at the sudden loss next to him and began walking backwards, giving me a raised eyebrow and sneaky wink.

He just chuckled and motioned for me to follow him into the dining room with his head. I waited for a few moments to let my red face settle before making my way in.

Dinner was mostly uneventful, I even ate a quarter of my meal which wasn't good enough for my brothers, but good for me. No one commented on my eating except for Zayne when he asked, no ordered, me to eat some more. He wasn't satisfied with what I had managed to eat but left it at that, However, he did hold a look in his eyes that said 'we'll be talking about this soon' so I had that to look forward to.

The silence was broken when Zach spoke up, "so, Brynn, how was your day with the monsters?" I held back a chuckle as Silas and Ezra glared at him, though he just ignored them and waited for my answer. Now all the attention was on me again. Great, just how I like it.